Mazda Interior \  Body drop

Body drop

Mazda Interior Mazda Tech
views 2026
replies 9
following 5

mazdadropped   +1y
Hey guys i wana BD my truck soon listen to this tell me if it would work

im going to do a 2" SFBD so i was planning on drawing a line 2 inchs above the stock floor all the way around the inner cab, then leave the cab floor bolted to the frame, cut the outside of the floors(around the cab mounts ) starting at the back wall go accross,down both sides to the floor seem right before the brake,gas pedals, up the side of the tranny tunnel,infront of the gearshifter and back around , let the cab drop and then fill in the gaps along the front and sides would this work ?? why or why not i know its not what u guys do but i see no point in unbolting the cab mounts it would also help save alot of measuring , time and its still a legit body drop
midnightmike   +1y
what you described, is not a Stock floor bodydrop, what you just described is a traditional bodydrop

a stock floor body drop is, leaving the floor stock, and building a new frame under it,

which might be worth doing since the rear of your truck has to be redone

speaking of, have you done anything to fix it? or is it the same?
mazdadropped   +1y
Well I'm going to use the stock floor but I just wanted to know if it was ok to keep the floor mounted to the frame and cut the perimeter out and let the cab drop then just make plates to fill the gaps on the sides and front becuase I don't want to put spacers in
hunterw   +1y
A stock floor body drop is really a stock cab body drop. You don't cut the floor at all really. And I cut through the body mounts on mine a rewelded them up after the drop was done.you will need a sawzall and either a plasna cutter or cutoff wheel. And you will need long blades for your sawzall. Like 9inch. Well I did anyway.
mazdaman82   +1y
ya a sfbd is not cuting on the cab at all,a trad body drop is what you are saying you want to do...i did a sfbd with the stock frame...DONT its much more work..do it the way you said you lose head room but its been done that way for years, and by more then just minitruckers,..i.e...hot roders,racers
solow   +1y
You might want to look at the guide MT had in there mag some time ago..

" target="_blank" target="_blank
Post was last edited on Mar 18, 2011 06:03. This post has been edited 1 times.
mazdadropped   +1y
Well Im going to cut out the stock floor but leave it mounted to the cab mounts then the cab will drop I'll make filler plates for the sides weld them I'm and Bd is almost done I cut the pinch welds off so it will lay rocker that's a 2 1\4" I'll be keeping the stock frame and mounts the way they are
mazdaman82   +1y
right..make sure you reweld across the firewall and the back wall as well..i say this cuz my brother didnt on his first truck..lol
mazdadropped   +1y
It was in the list of plans haha but I gotta shave my firewall and add the sexy stamped tailgate Thingy in the firewall so happy u sold me that haha when u told me it was for sale I was all over it
mazdadropped   +1y
I am Sofa-King pumped the Mazda will look so proper with a BD big thanks to the bscene and Chris Rajotte for making this happen couldn't do it without u guys
Page 1 of 1