threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda Interior \  ooood electrical issue. radio.

ooood electrical issue. radio.

Mazda Interior Mazda Tech
views 1304
replies 8
following 6

rotten   +1y
so i wired up a new cd player and some new speakers today... i have came to the conclusion that the deck i have is junk, because right rear is inop, and left rear sounds like shit, but the front stage sounds great...

issue is, i did not get a factory to aftermarket adapter and i went off of a wiring diagram i found on here.. issue im having is: turns on and off without key. (no big deal) but with power off and key out it still saves my radio stations, i tried swapping switched and constant powers around between the red and yellow off the back of the deck.... with swapped around it would turn on when i pressed power with the key on.. turn the key off the deck shuts off and next time i turn the key on i have to push the power button on the deck to turn on and all my stations and eq settings are back to stock..
***with the deck wired so that i just have to manually turn it off and on, i noticed i turn the headlights on with the deck on, it stays on, but when i turn the headlights off, the deck shuts off, i can push its power button and it turns right back on.... only thing i can think is that the system voltage drop from the headlights is causing enough of a drop in volts to shut the deck off....? anyone seen anything like this??? sorry so long.
col. sanders   +1y
What kind of radio is it brand and model #? You can manually turn off any CD player while the key is on but are you saying you can turn the key off and the player still stays on? Where are you grounding the radio? Mazda does not provide a ground wire in the harness some people use the dimmer wire as ground and when they turn the lights on the radio stops or you pop the ill fuse. You should also invest in an inexpensive multimeter or test light. Radio may have a problem too.
rotten   +1y
I've got it grounded to the floor. All my tools were at work. Ill get the truck down to my shop. Imma get a new CD player toonctoo.
hunterw   +1y
id buy the adapters,check the impedences of the rear speakers. they could just be bad. and when grounding stuff always make sure to scrape the paint away. it will make a difference
rotten   +1y
yeah. i hope the speakers arent bad. they are bran new. i just installed em last night.
onelo86b2k   +1y
you may have the polarity crossed on the speakers. As for the power issue, kinda sounds like your powering up from the illumination wire.
dropped90(justin)   +1y
Easiest way to wire the systems is to use a volt meter and find your constant power, your switched powerr, and your ground. Then you can take a Double A battery and start touching speaker wires on each end until you hear the speaker scratch and then those two go together for that speaker. find all of them and then wire it to the deck.

-Justin
hunterw   +1y
Or you can buy the harness which will cure just about all the problems
midnightmike   +1y

thats exactly what should be done, and look for the illumination wire while your there and eliminate it
im glad you wrote all that out, i was going to do it last night but i was so tired, i know i was going to forget something so i just closed the laptop and went to bed lol
Page 1 of 1