Page 1 of 1
Mazda Interior \  stereo images

stereo images

Mazda Interior Mazda Tech
views 1788
replies 8
following 9

myers503   +1y
Is anyone who has an aftermarket deck willing to share how they installed? or show me some images? I pulled the stock out and have a single din deck to put it, and looks like I'm going to be cutting lots!

Thought I'd check here before going on with it.
modplant   +1y
How's the install going?
rotten   +1y
i jus did mine last night... as far as fitment goes, all i hadda do is sand the factory pannel piece a bit and the sleeve for my new deck slid right in. the two screws on each side hold the entire assembly just fine.
cherokeed   +1y
I brought one of those dash kits from metra on eBay pics coming soon
mazcalade   +1y
if your trying to put your stereo below the heat and a/c controls all you have to do is sand the panel down a little I did mine like that 5 years ago and I went out and got a double din this past weekend and I made a plate that fits in the stock location and it looks really clean I'm just worried about clearance issues
xxchromeghostxx   +1y
I just done this today, I don't have any pics but i can explain it fairly simple. for what i have done anyway, mine's an 88 B2200 by the way. All I had was th center plastic console and the metal bracket at the bottom it mounts to ( 4 screws hold it on at the base ) i had to remove my shift boot ( 4 screws as well ) to pull the plastic out....
After 2 hours of hunting and pulling wires ( Note here i do not know which wire is to my ignition for the ACC option to be what turns my power i have two spare wires looking at fixing that tomorrow.) Sorry, but for now i have my memory and power wire to the battery directly from a live wire i found chasing wires. reason i want to find ignition wire is so i don't drain my battery overnight or slowly over a long period any hints?
Then on the plastic console itself mine with the metal bracket sleeve was just bit to big, but i didn't have to cut or sand any part of the console, i played with it removing the center bracket ( two screws from the back of the console inside ) i was able to wiggle the whole unit in pinning one lip of the jacket on one side, slightly angling the whole unit till it snugged all 4 corners in, and continued wiggling till was flush. I was also able to get the plastic bracket that is movable to mount flush to the stereo at the highest point of the console.
Using hangar strap and a bolt ( any will do as long as it's roughly centered above the stud that comes out of the backside of your cd player. and attach it to that stud inside the cd player and the bolt above with hangar strap, walah not cutting no special brackets, no wiggle an just make sure to get it tight in the back with the strap.
I'm going to check see if i can find my wire running from the ignition to the radio and fix my power situation, so i'll try and take pics if anyone is interested?
Cusser   +1y
There are commercially-available little brass taps that can go under a fuse in your fuse box, and provide a terminal for tapping into power. I've done this.
norcallumps   +1y
Or t-tap your cig lighter. Same fuse i think

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2
Page 1 of 1