Page 1 of 1
Mazda Interior \  acc carpet

acc carpet

Mazda Interior Mazda Tech
views 1267
replies 8
following 4

huskerdually   +1y
Anybody ever buy there stuff? I need to replace the carpet in my truck. If you have I'd like to know what style and your opinion. If you got another brand of carpet I'd like to know your opinion of that also.
slammed83mazda   +1y
Is it the pre-molded carpet for $125? If so it fits like junk and you gotta cut down the carpet. Alot only positive thing I have to say about it, is I'm glad its all 1 piece.
huskerdually   +1y

So the quality of the material? How does it look like it is going to hold up?
slammed83mazda   +1y
Point blank it says it's for a 1980-1984 mazda but there's no way. With the amount we had to cut I wasn't happy. A lot ran up my back wall, and had to cut a good potion off the side by the doors.
charlesskelter   +1y
I\'m going to completely disagree with slammed83mazda here.

I\'ve not used a carpet kit for a new vehicle, but I would not hesitate to in a heartbeat. I have used it on a 64 Bonneville as well as a 73 Camaro.

The molded sections fit great, which is real important. The ones I used even had the appropriate contours for the seat mounts.

Now to address the parts he complains about. If you buy a carpet and you don\'t need to trim it and punch the holes for the bolts I guarantee it won\'t fit very long if at all. Carpet shrinks over time, especially with humidity and excess heat, which any vehicle is suseptable to. They allow you to trim to your exact vehicle and it\'s particular trim (you\'d be amazed at how much these vary in cars up through the 80\'s). You want to make sure that the carpet will tuck under the door sills and ideally you want to leave as much excess as will comfortably tuck under the sill. The reason for so much on the back is most likely to accomodate for extended cab trucks as well as std cab.

That said, they\'ve had the best fitting carpets (you\'re looking for the molded portions here) and best selection of options. Any quality carpet will be trim to fit for the very reasons I mentioned earlier. 30 minutes max and it\'s fit like a glove. Great company in my experince and I\'ll be using them for my carpet needs (Valiant) without hesitation until any issues occur.
slammed83mazda   +1y

I understand with what your saying, but I had no idea I was going to have to trim 8+" off the sides of my carpet. It's not really a big deal, they just need to address this more for future unaware buyers as I was. In my case it will work out if I decide to traditional body drop it.
87bbucket   +1y
i talked to the guys at acc carpets and they said they leave the extra on there to accomadate for people that have bd trucks. they were having to many requests for people to have extras left on the sides. so this reason they leave the extra on there. its a good company to get carpets from other wise
charlesskelter   +1y
I guess that\'s an easy explanation to the truck owners, but they do the same on all their carpets I\'ve used.

I only posted because it was stated that \"they fit like junk\" and that\'s the farthest from the truth. They\'re the best carpet company I\'ve used and would hate for someone to pass it up because it has to be trimmed to fit.
slammed83mazda   +1y

I'm not going to beat this subject to death, but if I had known I was going to do 2+ hours of trimming. My judgment on this product would be completely different. Just saying, you knew what you were getting into I didn't. Thank fully I am body dropping my truck so the extra slack I got in the carpet, is nothing but a bonus.
Page 1 of 1