threads
Page 1 of 2
Mazda Exterior \  Do older bumpers and grilles just bolt on?

Do older bumpers and grilles just bolt on?

Mazda Exterior Mazda Tech
views 1352
replies 10
following 5

la cucararacha   +1y
I'm trying to replace my front bumper and valence with an OEM replacement, and the parts for the 86-89 trucks are considerably cheaper than the 90-93 parts. They are also available in much more complete assemblies. If I don't care about my truck looking like an older style front end, will these parts bolt right up? I just don't want to deal with custom brackets, or fender alignment issues at the moment. Here is what I'm looking at:

Thanks!
the lizard king   +1y
That isn't an OEM replacement set of parts. It's aftermarket. But yes, 86-93 are interchangeable for the front grille, bumper, and valence.
la cucararacha   +1y
You are right, my bad on the mis-use of the term OEM. Thanks for the response! I realized with further searching that that company has a variety of other combinations you can get in the same price range. I am usually a proponent of buying OEM when you can. But my truck is pretty beat, and the bumpers get hit all the time (Most residents of Seattle park by braille). Someone finally hit it hard enough to push it back and up, and it has surpassed my maximum level of shittyness threshold. I ended up purchasing this:
?
kimballs   +1y
Does that kit come with the mounting brackets because I don't see it listed in the description just the picture.
Cusser   +1y
I think to 89 were silver grilles, and later were black. I painted the stuff on my '88 black, wrote upeither here or onMazdaTrucking.com, these parts alljust bolt on.
the lizard king   +1y

Probably not. I bought an aftermarket chrome grille recently, and I used all of the hardware that held the OEM grille on originally.
la cucararacha   +1y
The kit comes with:

1990-1991 MAZDA B2200 B2600 2WD PICKUP
WITHOUT MOLDING HOLE
#1 FRONT BUMPER CENTER PRIMED BLACK W/O MOLDING HOLE
#2 FRONT BUMPER VALANCE (PLASTIC)
#3 FRONT BUMPER END DARK GREY W/O MOLDING HOLES LH
#4 FRONT BUMPER END DARK GREY W/O MOLDING HOLES RH
#5 FRONT BUMPER BRACKET LH
#6 FRONT BUMPER BRACKET RH

I thought it was a pretty darn good deal, as long as the parts aren't crap!
Cusser   +1y
When I replaced the front center bumper part on my '88, the original carriage bolts wouldn't fit, their square shoulder was too large for the aftermarket part. I went to Ace and got replacements with smaller square part, metric too.
la cucararacha   +1y
Thanks Cusser, I'll probably run into the same problem. I bet the majority of all these aftermarket bumper are coming off of one or two sets of tooling dies in China.
Cusser   +1y
There are SAE carriage bolts that fit too.