Page 1 of 1
Mazda Exterior \  Exterior side molding

Exterior side molding

Mazda Exterior Mazda Tech
views 796
replies 6
following 3

filmoslim   +1y
I want to remove the exterior side molding that wrap around my tuck. It looks like double sided tape holding it down but not sure. Whats the best way to remove without damaging the paint?
dan woodland   +1y
3M stripe removal wheel.

I used it on my stripes and it works pretty well on anything sticky.

OR you can use Goo Gone or something similar.
filmoslim   +1y
OK I can use that for the pin stripes, but I don't think you can use that for the hard plastic molding that runs down the side of the truck. That's the one I'm having trouble figuring out how to remove.
dan woodland   +1y
Ah, sorry, read it as you already took them off and was asking what to use on the goo left behind. You can try a plastic putty knife. Apply a little heat to make them pliable then you can "split" the double sided tape using the plastic putty knife. Once you get it started, from one end) you can pull the molding up carefully and "cut" the tape with the putty knife.

filmoslim   +1y
Thanks, I wasn't sure if it was attached with clips.
orangemazdab2000   +1y
Filmoslim,

Can you post a pic of the side molding you are removing? I'm actually looking for a couple pieces of side molding that my truck is missing. If yours is the same style as mine, I'd like to grab a couple of the pieces from you.
filmoslim   +1y
For some reason im having trouble uploading photos, orangemazdab2000 i have pics of the molding on my page if you want to see them.
Page 1 of 1