Page 1 of 1
Mazda Exterior \  Passenger side headlight

Passenger side headlight

Mazda Exterior Mazda Tech
views 566
replies 2
following 2

codywayne718   +1y
So the low beam went out of the passenger side headlight. So I just went ahead and replaced both sides Saturday evening, pulled into work Sunday night and both high and lows were out on passenger side. Looks like the bulb busted this time thou.... bad lamp or Maybe a bad under Hood fuse or something.... I'll replace it in the morning when I get off but want to know what to check so it may not happen again.... I would think if it were a fuse under the Hood, the driver side wouldn't work... Thanks in advance!
scotch   +1y
The "Head" fuse in the fuse block under the hood is what powers both of them. So no problem there. Sounds like you got a bad headlight. If there was any kind of shorting, it should have blown the fuse and not the bulbs. You might look over that headlight wiring and connecter when you put a new one in, but I doubt there are any issues.

Is your truck a US truck or Canadian? Canadian trucks usually have a DRL and a DRL relay to run them. But even then, it's hard to imagine any issues causing only one headlight to blow.

This is all assuming you have stock headlights. If any aftermarket HID, projector, ect... then you might looks at those controls or ballasts.
codywayne718   +1y
All stock, throwing the new one in now
Page 1 of 1