Page 1 of 1
Mazda Exterior \  B2500 Window Molding

B2500 Window Molding

Mazda Exterior Mazda Tech
views 829
replies 3
following 3

craigy   +1y
Hi, new to the forum and looking for assistance please.

I want to the molding that runs along the bottom of my driver-side window on a year 2000 B2500 extended cab pickup.

I've been searching online using various search terms but can't seem to locate this specific part. Not even sure what it's really called.

Please see the attached photo for clarification.

Thanks
Craig
post photo
mazdatweaker_2   +1y
I think you are going to have trouble locating a Ford part on a Mazda forum. Most of the issues this site deals with are 86-93 Japanese Mazda trucks. Anything after 94 is Ford. Someone might still be able to help you, though. Seems the dealership would let you have a look at the collision manual at least. Maybe the part isn't that expensive.

You can try going to

Taken from fordrangerforum verbatim:

"I JUST replaced mine: They looked like ass just like yours... mine were 10 years old. Actually looking at yours, look new compared to what mine looked like. Mine were cracked, peeling and all dry rotted.

This is exactly what you want:

LEFT:
WEATHERSTRIP ASY - DOOR WINDOW
Make: Ford 6L5Z1021453AA
1 $34.50 $34.50

RIGHT:
WEATHERSTRIP ASY - DOOR WINDOW
Make: Ford 6L5Z1021452AA
1 $34.50 $34.50

Got them from newfordparts.com.

They are about a 10 minute install. I took my door panel off,(EDIT DON'T NEED TO DO) rolled the window all the way down, then pulled up on the plastic piece. CLEAN area, put new place in and make sure it's sits flush like when you pulled the other one out.

I was trying to find a before and after picture of mine but I didn't upload the one picture.

Anyways those are what you need, it took me a couple days to figure it out of constant searching so hopefully I saved ya some time..lol

The parts are metal with some type of felt on the inside and some type of rubber/plastic coating on the outside. I didn't paint mine because they are cheap and if they last for another 10 years it will be worth it. My time is worth more than the items purchased... I don't mind doing work but it's my dd and if it rains I didn't want crap in the door... Have to paint, sand, paint, clear coat..etc. Just eaier to me to replace them and have them last again.

-Nigel"
craigy   +1y
Thanks so much! It didn't occur to me that I should search under Ford Ranger, although I am aware that my truck is basically a Ford with Mazda badging, etc.
Cusser   +1y
Most parts are Ford Ranger. Some body parts may be a little different.

See dealer site maybe can find a part number.
Page 1 of 1