Page 1 of 1
Mazda Exterior \  Spindle?

Spindle?

Mazda Exterior Mazda Tech
views 902
replies 6
following 3

moozda   +1y
Okay so once again I own an '84 B2000. I got it off my dad and it had been sitting for around two years. We had to replace the right front wheel bearing and it still has "wiggle" in it. Any ideas on what this could be? The bearing was installed correctly we checked and rechecked it to check for hotness and to make sure it was set right. Please help. It needa aligned but theres no point until I fix this.

Thanks in advance,
Chris
sincitylocal   +1y
Where is the wiggle? Are you saying there's play in the bearing?
If you don't know where, I'd suggest looking at the ball joints and tie rod end.

Btw... what is "hotness?"
moozda   +1y
Hotness ad in when it gets hot if its too tight. And if you take the dust cap off and jack it up and remove the Carter pin and nut then you can wiggle the whole hub rim etc and see a small gap between the outside of the bearing and the hub if that makes sense. It does this even with that nut as tight as possible so Im thinking spindle bearing?
sincitylocal   +1y
There are two wheel bearings per wheel... an inner and an outer.
What spindle bearing are you referring to?
moozda   +1y
I know about the inner and outter bearings as me and my dad just replaced both on the passenger side and that's when we noticed the "wiggle" in it. And spindle bearing? I was told there is a bearing on my spindle and that if the old bearings locked on it, it could have caused the spindle bearing to get "spun" therefore ruining it and making my "hub" wiggle and wobble. I hope this makes sense :/
chaserjohndoe   +1y
there are hub bearing that go between the hub and spindle yes. you tighten them until a certain INCH pound then back them off so much. I don't know the specs as I can do it by feel but many people, like yourself can't. Look up the FSM (factory service manual) for your truck. It will take you step by step on how to do everything.
moozda   +1y

Any links or pictures as to what Ill be doing? Maybe a manual etc?
Page 1 of 1