threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda Exterior \  brake questions, if wrong thread sorry.

brake questions, if wrong thread sorry.

Mazda Exterior Mazda Tech
views 572
replies 3
following 3

xxchromeghostxx   +1y
Next month i plan on re doing my front brake system new calipers rotors etc, now i know i have to remove the wheel bearings. But the question is, is it.just the.outer wheel bearings or outer and inner to do this and is a special tool required? Never had to change rotors like this before usually ones i have done just slide off the hub an back on lol.
chaserjohndoe   +1y
no special tools required. easy job. you can usually save the rear seal. unless you are changing bearings while you're there. then you will need a brass punch.
dynomike   +1y
I'm getting ready to do mine as well.

Whats the torque spec for the hardware that holds the rotor to the hub? Caliper to knuckle?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
xxchromeghostxx   +1y
I only have about 84k miles on the truck so hoping that all the bearings are still good an just apply new grease an put them back in. Plan on buying a haynes manual off ebay unless local parts store has one in stock.

Also it will be getting slotted/drilled rotors matched with ceramic pads and new calipers. The back brakes will be getting a job the month after the fronts. Never replaced drums before so wish me luck on that endeavor. But with the haynes manual shouldnt be much issue in doing them.

Thanks for the info.
Page 1 of 1