threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda Exterior \  Right headlights won't work.

Right headlights won't work.

Mazda Exterior Mazda Tech
views 786
replies 3
following 3

tcollinson   +1y
Today a friend told me that my right front indicators are not working so I promptly replaced the bulb. I thought that maybe I had just bought a bad bulb so I tried the bulb from the left and it still did not work. The previous owner had wired the lights for HID's and the indicators appear to be wired into that system as well. I tried to figure out what was going on but I am a novice when it comes to wiring and such. Anybody have an idea of what it could be or a possible solution to my problem?
Cusser   +1y
Does the right rear indicator work? If so, then it's not a turn signal switch issue, it's an issue at that front socket/wiring.
tcollinson   +1y
Yup, rear right does work.
spacemonkee23   +1y
Wait a second! did you say that the Turn signal wiring was with the HID wiring?
What I think may be, is if there is a small bulb in the housing for the 7x6 conversion headlights for the HID setup, the previous owner may have wired the turn signals to that small bulb. I wouldn't think that anyone would wire the turns into the HID system!?!

Do you have any pics of the wiring so we can take a look?

If the previous owner wired the factory turns with the small bulb in the aftermarket head light housing, I could see something going wrong there. Maybe he wired said little bulb in series with the factory turns so if the bulb burns out then the entire side turns will go out with it. sounds like a shotty wiring job to me.

Post pics so we can help out.

EDIT* the turn signals, parking lights and head lights are all on different connectors. Try and chase the wires around and snap some clear pics of everything.
Page 1 of 1