Mazda Exterior \  windscreen/windshield alternative

windscreen/windshield alternative

Mazda Exterior Mazda Tech
views 923
replies 4
following 3

chalre   +1y
Hi there,

I own a B2600i (92) and to my great misfortune someone busted my windshield. to make matters worse, I'm in suriname, a small country in south america, where 9 out of 10 cars is a Toyota. So, I can't find a windshield, new, second hand, or even junk yard quality. does anybody know if the windshield from another make or model car would fit? Different model Mazda, Honda, Mitsubishi, toyota, Nissan, Isuzu? I know every car has its own windshield, but I can't imagine there would not be any other car withs the same size of windshield being around. I appreciate your suggestions as I really love my red buriki (donkey in Surinamese) and it hurts to see it just standing idly.

Charle
Cusser   +1y
No auto glass shops can order for you?
chalre   +1y
yes there are enough shops that can order a replacement for me. But it will take 2 to 3 months or a huge amount of money if I want it flown in. My truck is a hard working one. One the road every day. Can't afford to wait 2 months, that's why I was looking for the possibility that the windscreen of a more regular type of car (i.e. Toyota Hilux, or Isuzu KB) would fit.
dan woodland   +1y
Got plexi-glass? Can you cut a new one?

I know it's not ideal but better than nothing.
chalre   +1y
plexiglas sounds to me like lots of leakage. It rains an awful lot over here. think I will bow to reality and mail order a new shield. Still beyond my comprehension that every make or model car has its uniue windshield. what a waste of valuable resources!!
Page 1 of 1