Page 1 of 1
Mazda Exterior \  please help door trim removal

please help door trim removal

Mazda Exterior Mazda Tech
views 873
replies 8
following 4

jason eden   +1y
how the hell do i take the chrome trim at the base of the window off "" the scrapper trim " thanks
89mazdalade   +1y
if ur talking about the window felts or sqeegees use something flat and slide between the door and the under side of the sqeegee and push easily in towards the window it will release the clip theres like 5 on each if there still soft u can lift up and look under and see where the clips are and press them in
jason eden   +1y
i had a door without the chrome " just the outer scrapper and that was easy " i was able to push the clip in toward the inside and it came off " the ones with the chrome all broke then after looking at it , it seems maybe i should have tryed to pry from the inside.
post photo
tucknrimmaz   +1y
Taking the window out helps A LOT. There is a ball clip under the mirror mount too that ALWAYS breaks. Look at it from the inside of the truck where the window should be and push it out some to reveal the clips inside. You need a thin flathead to undo the tab in the center of the clip.
jason eden   +1y
Ya like i said the ones with no chrome i was able to see that in the center of the clip it had a small clip to push back. the chrome ones you are saying to do from the window channel from inside the truck and push up and out away from truck a bit ? can I buy new clips or is this a junk yard item ? thanks alot
89mazdalade   +1y
i used these people for my 78 monte and 85 riviera they should have the clips for the mazdas too

tucknrimmaz   +1y
Thats how I do it. The clips can be swapped if you break some.
orangemazdab2000   +1y
This subject came up on Mazdatrucking too. Here's a link to it. At the end, I posted some pics of how to do it:

jason eden   +1y

Ya thinks " the small black outer scrappers were easy to get out " i just didnt see how to get the ones with the chrome on the outside off. I found the best way was to do it from the inside and i carefully pried up on the hole piece then with another small screw driver pushed down on the clip and then it would pull off. at the end the clips were just sitting on the door then with a small screw driver i pushed the back of the clip toward the inside of the truck allowing it to pop out. thanks for the help
Page 1 of 1