Page 1 of 1
Mazda Exterior \  need brake help

need brake help

Mazda Exterior Mazda Tech
views 881
replies 6
following 5

eroticlarry   +1y
My right rear brake sounds like it is flopping against the drum its very annoying when I pulled off drum there was nothing loose that I could tell does anyone have an idea or should I just take it some where?
seascoot   +1y
Maybe one of the shoe retaining pins came off?

If I were you, I would strip the wheel down to the back plate. Put it back together again to make sure all the parts are there.

It would help if you gave the year and model when asking about a specific problem like this.
eroticlarry   +1y
Sorry its 87 b2000 ser
eroticlarry   +1y
Ok its not the back brake its coming from the front brakes like my pads are clicking any ideas
Cusser   +1y
Make sure the front pads are not too worn down. there is an indicator on most pads that's supposed to chirp to warn you, but yours might be clicking. Take a look.
mazdafvr   +1y
make sure the bolt that holds the caliper isnt loose. it happened to me once but i didnt hear much noise. my caliper just pivited on the stud its supposed to slide back and forth on.
87forever   +1y
Just some insight,if you find the caliper will not come apart buy a whole caliper.In short my holding brkt was literally rusted internally and would not come apart on the top out of the holding brkt.Not that this is your issue but,just pointing this out.And be sure when checking for said item you notice the description on parts caliper OR caliperW/holding bracket.Most like auto zone,advance list just the caliper as the first couple of choices but,scroll down you will see in the notes with or without the holding brkt for the brake pads.I bought new remans from napa 45.00 with my cores each.Thing was trk sat mostly and never bothered to lube the slide pins with caliper grease and they over time seized onto the inside.I chk them every six months since this.Did new brakes in 10.Sorry for the book just letting you know in case your calipers want come apart as they should.
Page 1 of 1