Page 1 of 21
Mazda Projects \  Fattirebicycles' '81 courier I coulda sworn I heard a woot

Fattirebicycles' '81 courier I coulda sworn I heard a woot

Mazda Projects
views 29630
replies 204
following 48

fattirebicycles   +1y
I got this truck from my brother in law who got it from a farmer for free. 2.3, 5spd. Bagging and bodydropping it now. I look forward to tucking almost half of those hubcaps:)
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo
Post was last edited on Nov 01, 2009 09:11. This post has been edited 4 times.
elbine69   +1y
You suck cuz you got that for free haha. Gonna be sweet for sure, keep us updated on progress and post lots of pics.
slammedyota91   +1y
So... I thought these trucks were only like a half inch from layin pinch? how much you bding it?
toddluck   +1y
keep the pics commin
slammed83mazda   +1y

thread post photo

Thats with half of the rear pinch gone from hitting sides and draggin it.

I think last time I checked it was 3/4" from laying pinch, thats why alot of peopel door these trucks cause it dont take shit to do it......

Keep the pics rollin man, me and maztang need some more pre 84 guys on here.
fattirebicycles   +1y
More pics. Right now it is super ghetto static dropped with cut off leaf springs in the rear, and no springs up front, with 2x4s in between the control arms and spring cups to keep the cups off of the balljoints. It's not driving anywhere right now, so it's okay. I just wanted it lower so that I can daydream more, lol. August 4th begins my Bag-and-bodydrop-fest, complete with getting paid to work on my truck. I am taking a week vacation, and since I am so important to the factory, they couldn't function without me for a week, so I told them that instead of just sitting at home while they suffer, I get to bag and bodydrop my truck n my work bay, while getting paid vacation for it, and I help out here and there for my real job, and get paid regular time for those hours, instead of burning up vacation. The pics of the floor explain why I'm bodydropping it. If I hadn't done it, it would have traditional'd itself with all the rust in the floor. So, I'm putting in a new floor. It will be to the rocker. I love the rockers flat on the ground. Right before this truck came along, I was sfbd'ing an '89 chevy fullsize to the doors. I wanted to do all kinds of trick stuff to it, but in the end, facing all those hundreds of hours of fab time between me and railing my truck, I decided to get this truck to just bag and drive daily. but looking at it, it was obvious that everything I wanted out of the chevy could be done easier, quicker, and cheaper to this truck, so I sent the chevy to the scrapper. I had a full square tube 3x3 sfbd chassis built for it, but I made my decision. I know this was the right choice. Okay, less yap, more pics.
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo
maztang (ryan)   +1y
nice man. can't wait to see the progress.
at dusk   +1y
sweet another courier. how many old school mazda couriers are hangin out on this forum... check out fordcouriercollector.com.. it will be wellworth your time.. i have a 73 bagged and bded.. had an 81 for my daily.. lowered 2 and 3.. lol.. these trucks are bad ass.. ( my engine is a piss off) but what ever..lol.. good luck and keep us posted

steve
outkastdawg   +1y
off to a good start
91b2200(cody)   +1y
saaweet truck ... cant wait to see it done ... should be a nice ride