Page 1 of 1
Mazda Audio \  radio relocation

radio relocation

Mazda Audio Mazda Tech
views 1247
replies 7
following 6

reed_bryant   +1y
i tried moving my head unit yesterday to the slot under the a/c controls. I cut out everything and made it fit in there but it sticks out by about an inch. anyone else successfully did this ? I think its hitting some metal piece by one of the a/c ducts. anyone who has done this how did you cut the metal piece off?
xxchromeghostxx   +1y
You have to get a heat gun and mold the ac duct behind that slot from what I remember.
ulrich   +1y
I'm just speculating here, but wouldn't a modern, mechless head fit without modification. They tend to be shallower.
dan woodland   +1y

Correct. doing this will close off air flow so only reform it only as much as you need.
dan woodland   +1y

Correct, if you are not a CD or tape lover (cusser) I'd go with a solid state head unit and use USB devices or iPod/phone.
Cusser   +1y

Don't knock proven technologies !!! Last week I bought six brand-new sealed blank VHS tapes on Ebay, for $4.00 shipped price, I won the auction, my initial bid was $3. So $4 for 6 tapes is pretty good, and yes - someone else apparently wanted them. I imagine that shipping was the whole price.

I found with my cable box that I cannot record premium station numbers onto DVD disc (apparently afraid of enfringement), but can onto VHS.
chad   +1y
I built a custom center console in mine so that the head unit was angled up towards me for better viewing
Page 1 of 1