Page 1 of 2
Mazda Audio \  Changing the bucket seats in a 84' Mazda B2000 Sundowner

Changing the bucket seats in a 84' Mazda B2000 Sundowner

Mazda Audio Mazda Tech
views 2719
replies 11
following 5

mrpielovin   +1y
I was hoping to replace my seats they are pretty beat up, not to mention super uncomfortable, I was wondering if there are in seats (bucket mine are bucket) that can just be straight swapped with no modifications!
I was hoping for something that also might be a little higher off even an inch or so would help!
vajr86   +1y
No straight swap unless its from the same truck.
mrpielovin   +1y
Ahh that sucks! Do you know of any seats that would be easy to put in still?
fdugn545   +1y
I've heard that dodge neon seats fit with minimal mods but Idk I haven't done it myself.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2
spacemonkee23   +1y
I just put 2000 Dodge neon seats in - There were a ton of them at the JY, but finding the style that didnt 'look' like neon seats was hard - there were two kinds of neon seats in that year but only one wasn't ugly (see the pic) color match was perfect though. Had to bend the front bolt mounts a little (smack it with a hammer) and get one longer bolt for the front... 3 out of 4 holes line up and I haven't bolted through yet for the 4th. I'm not too worried about it I'm good with 3of4 (they don't move). They are way more comfy... the main problem I have is they don't fold forward and now I have to build a new box bec my sub doesn't fit!

thread post photo

thread post photo
mrpielovin   +1y
Wow sorry I forgot all about this post! I really like the neon seats they look pretty good. About how much do they go for? And the size is an issue as I also have 2 subs in my truck hahaha I have about an inch from my wheel to my stomach!!
xxchromeghostxx   +1y
That's why I like my Xcab lol, i have a whole back area for the placement of speakers, kinda ok setup right now for mine, still little fabbing to do, not running the rear speakers atm just boxed speakers and subs, eventually i hope to connect them back in just having issue finding ones that fit in right without modding the current hole in the xcab rear speaker slot.
spacemonkee23   +1y

I got the neon seats at the half off sale at pick-n-pull for 40 bucks! I also picked up a full bed interior for inside the shell so I swapped my two Punch 10" P2s from my other car for the single 10" P2 and put them on the shelf of the bed interior... Now my rear window is my "blow through" haha I couldn't stand the single 10 smashed in there like that any more. Now they fire right at my head. Its a he!! of alot more bump. But this is probably not an option for you .

I'll post a pic a little later of what I ended up with. It was the cheaper option opposed to building a center console that can hold the 2 10's.
xxchromeghostxx   +1y
That sounds pretty cool def wanna see some pics, right now I have my custom box for my subs, not the subs i want, found a solid 10" 600 watt pioneer and a crummy old 12 400 watt dual, paid 50 for both so hey, they hit ok, you can totally tell the Pioneer overpowers the Dual, just shows ya quality of the companies lol. but once i finish with my piddlings and plans on the tail lights in my tailgates ( still seekin lights i wanna use) and minor body damage then i'll go more into my system. But i say yours hits pretty solid, did you port tube it through the cab?
spacemonkee23   +1y
No its a sealed box it just sits on the truck bed interior shelf and "blows through" the rear sliding window (my makeshift blow through, haha). Not ideal but easy to setup and sounds decent, plus I can still see out of my rear view mirror. Im running a 600 watt RMS bridged Kenwood amp and 2 2ohm Punch P2 10" subs wired in series in the sealed box. Cheapo 350 watt 4 channel amp running the 4" Rockford Fosgates in the rear B-pillars and the 6.5" 3way Fosgates in the doors with fiberglass pods (so I didnt have to cut the door new 2600i door panels). I relocated the pocket to the rear of the door for "storage" too . Sounds great, just need a better head unit. Its an old Sony Xplode HU from Walmart that I've had for 6 years or so, still works though. Maybe a touch screen HU in the future?

Here is a link to my trucks thread with some pics, I will update pics today with the "blow thru" setup. but there are some of the doors and shite...