Page 1 of 1
Mazda Audio \  Upgrading rear seats?

Upgrading rear seats?

Mazda Audio Mazda Tech
views 851
replies 3
following 2

mymmeryloss   +1y
Hey i was wondering if anyone had looked into upgrading the rear seat in your cab plus?

I have totally redone my cab floor and would like to put some sort of rear seat in there so the kiddos can ride along but obviously there isnt much room.

Am i going to have something custom made or chop down a civic rear seat or use forklift seats?

Any help or brainstorming would be awesome!
cab+rider   +1y
High there mymmeryloss,
Also seen you at mazdatrucking.com

I've done something similar on my Cab Plus. I used a rear seat from a Mazda GLC 4 door sedan. I have a sample pic on my photobucket account. Nothing mind blowing just a practical design with comfort in mind.

The problem I had was the seat was thick padding causing a won't stay up symptom when I raised it to get the jack tools under it. I thought of the bench seat track from another mini truck. I was thinking if it slides forward the seat will clear the back rest and it will stay up and clears the way to the jack tools.

I also thought of a rear dual bench seat from another truck that has a storage compartment under it. I think it was a Double Cab Tacoma a 2011 model? Another similar set up was a Dodge Club Cab 1991?

Here is the site its pic #17
mymmeryloss   +1y
Holy shit! I never thought i was going to get a reply to this let alone some actual help!

Me rear floor is flat so i dont have to worry about tools or anything under there. But i will look into what you mentioned. Thank you!
cab+rider   +1y
Another design I thought of but I didn't do it. I hope you understand my idea as I explain it. I was thinking of getting two or making bottom seats and have one bottom seat done like the OEM. Then secured to the pair of lift arms for the OEM jump seats.

The two bottom seats will look like those beach lounge chairs that stitch the back and bottom together with some slack in between them. So if you hold the two bottom seats together it can close like a book.

You'll need to sew the opposite ends with those black canvas looking with locking belt straps that are usually used on roll up pouches or multi-function bags. The idea here will be a thick padding when in the closed position.

When you need to grab the jack tools you release the belt straps flip the top part of the bottom seat forward which gives you half the thickness and lift. The lift arm springs will stay up like the way the OEM bench seat works.

The only issue is will these seats pass the safety rules like those for booster seats or car seats?
Page 1 of 1