Page 1 of 1
Mazda Audio \  Holes in the dash!

Holes in the dash!

Mazda Audio Mazda Tech
views 1156
replies 6
following 4

fdugn545   +1y
Okay so I know these didn't come stock but what do you guys think the previous owner was thinking?

[IMG]
thread post photo
[/IMG]

[IMG]
thread post photo
[/IMG]

There's one on the drivers side too my tach is in the way to see it though. Any help on this would be great I've been wondering since I got it. Oh and I'm sure this has been brought up before but, has anyone just painted their dash not glassed and painted? If so whatd u use and any pics would be awesome. As always thanks.
kovz   +1y
He probably had tweeters (small speakers - highs) in there.

SEM Vinyl and Plastic Color Coat is a great paint (aerosol can) to paint interior plastics with. Check youtube for some how-to videos. Prep work is critical but it's a nice way to change interior colors without sanding and glassing.
Cusser   +1y
Just cover with a pair of speaker covers. Most don't use the speaker covers when they install speakers in a stock location. Maybe a car stereo place has a whole boxful and would just give you a pair of covers.
kovz   +1y
Agreed. Or put tweeters in there. They don't cost much and would be a nice upgrade with the subs you already have.
fdugn545   +1y
Thanks guys! And Cusser I have a bunch of those little speaker covers thanks for the idea I may end up with tweeters at some point so ill leave the holes for now... Okay so this is off subject but how hard would it be to pull the dash? I have the book but it says nothing about interior. Or could I paint the dash with it still in the truck? Thanks as always guys
Cusser   +1y
I've never removed a dashboard, but don't feel that it's an easy job. I would say that careful masking and component removal would be easier.

I recently used Krylon Fusion aerosol paint for plastics, worked pretty well, used it on my bumper ends and front lower grille, might be good for a dashboard.
mazdafvr   +1y
easier than it seems its just finding all the bolts. three on top (obvious) pull your entire glove box out theres a couple back in ther and you gotta take your center panel where your vents and controls are. theres a cap above the ac button i think its above, and theres a screw. and the wires for the cluster and those were the biggest setbacks i had the first time. you should be able to find the rest pretty easy. and unhook your controls for the defrost and such. jus note where they go.
Page 1 of 1