Page 1 of 1
Mazda Audio \  Automatic Shifters

Automatic Shifters

Mazda Audio Mazda Tech
views 1229
replies 7
following 4

ram23   +1y
Have many of you put any aftermarket shifters in your trucks? Like B&M Shifters or any other boots or nobs?
idminitrucker (jason)   +1y
Like the whole shifter? I havent found a hot rod one that will work the mazda is shifted on the right side and most things they are made for are shifted on the left, I modified mine to make it taller and added a billet shift knob.
geterdun   +1y
I have put a 4.3 GM truck engine/trans in my 2600i.You can redesign the existing shifter, works perfect. I did design the transmission shift lever too, and I think I made a print (diagram) of it, with demension. If
ram23   +1y

IF......? Ya i would love to see it!
ram23   +1y

Anypics? or Diagrams?
idminitrucker (jason)   +1y

I didnt take any pics of it and its buried under my center console, i have to pull it out to finish wiring some buttons up, i will take some then.
oo7bob   +1y
I have a Locar shifter, connected to a 700r4 if that helps ya out

thread post photo

thread post photo
geterdun   +1y
I have not checked in here lately, sorry.
Here is a picture of the modified original B shifter for left side shifter (have to disassemble completely, heat destroys stuff, heat each place to bend red, bend, cool, move to other bend, heat red, bend to shape, let cool reassemble. May want to replace the bushing in the shifter at this time.). The shift rod has 3" of 5/16" all-thread welded to the end. The piece going through the shifter has a 3/8" nut welded across the end of it. Drill this nut out 1/64" over 5/16" diameter, use a 5/16" nut on each side of this nut to adjust rod length, and lock it at that length. I had 3/8" square stock laying around in abundance I used for the shift rod, round of course "looks" better.

I can upload a print of the transmission lever if anyone need it.

The pictures are with it in park. May not pull low gear, but who does, install a shift kit.

This keeps the interior original for those of this mind.

Hope it is not too late or helps someone.
Page 1 of 1