Page 1 of 1
Mazda Audio \  honda seats in b2000?

honda seats in b2000?

Mazda Audio Mazda Tech
views 6025
replies 8
following 8

bigwills12ab2000ny   +1y
I've seen honda seats swapped in b2000s a few times and was wondering what modifications are needed to do it and how the seats sit as far as space from the dash etc..I need to get different seats for my truck I don't fit the racing buckets that are in it id prefer a stock bench or even buckets but.can't seem to.find any locally I coukd get.honda seats from friends easilly..not what I wanna really do but.I might if I cant find istock seats
jenko   +1y
If you don't fit the racing buckets you may not fit the FD RX7 seats I have in mine either.
BUT...
They are pretty sweet and very easy to do.
So go get your ample proportions into one and see if you like em.
Just throwing in another option

I think there is a prelude write up somewhere on here...
Best idea is to grab a seat off a friend and have a play.
And if you go ahead, DO A WRITE UP and we'll all applaud your genius
jenko   +1y

Half way down that page.
And the post underneath saying shimming my drivers side.
not sure if they will transfer to your drivers side or swap to passengers but piece of piss either way
nopistons96   +1y
i am running some 93 accord seats in my mazda. they sit a little higher but the angle and distance are right on. i use 1 rail from the stock seat and 1 rail from the accord seat and only had to make 1 small spacer to use all of the stock mount locations. it took some time but was pretty simple.
1hotdawg   +1y
I've got late 90's Prelude seats in mine. They can be a bit tight feeling on the ribs at first, (I'm 220 and 6'2" athletic build), but I love mine! I was able to bolt a couple of the stock holes and I think one I had to bolt differently. Either way they were easy and don't move.
v8mazda4ever   +1y
Okay guys if you want a set of honda seats that fit right in and bolt right up go with seats out of the rsx they are a perfect fit
greenguy83   +1y
Nopistons96 - I had those seats in my first truck. They are my favorite. I still want a pair for this truck.
Right now I have 98 civic seats. Cut off the brackets with the bolt holes for factory civic use. Cut some 1/4 inch thick by 1.5 inch wide steel stock, to make tabs that I welded in position for the front mounts. For the back mounts I welded 1.25 inch square tubing across the back of the seat runners to make up for the hump on the floor at the front of our trucks, this keeps your seat level. Then welded 2 more tabs with holes on to the square bar for the rear location. With the head rests off the top of the seats sit just below the back window. I am 6 foot and have plenty of room for shifting, and still have a sub box all the way across the truck behind my seats.
anguswilly   +1y
I have always used CRX seats in my B2200's - they line up very close to the front bolt holes, and the rear you need to drill the floor and bolt through - I use a 3x3" steel plate when doing this so no possibility of the bolt pulling through, very easy to do and I say probably the most common seat around here in a mazda.

This time around I used a set of Del-Sol seats and it was even easier, three holes line right up (with a little slotting the seat brackets) one rear hole had to be drilled and shimmed 1/2" - took me all of an hour to install them!
mazdizzle   +1y
If you have basic welding and fab skills you can put any seat you want in your truck. It isn't really hard to do. You can use the stock seat brackets and adapt the new seat to them or use the new brackets and adapt them to the floor.
Page 1 of 1