Page 1 of 2
Mazda Audio \  door speakers

door speakers

Mazda Audio Mazda Tech
views 4266
replies 12
following 10

1lo89b2200   +1y
I've seen alot of guys putting 5.25/6.5 speakers in the doors. My question is, how much depth do you have to play with? any modifying of the door?
cab+rider   +1y
I will check the size of your desired speaker first. Measure from the speaker face mount to the rear of the speaker magnet. 3 inches deep is a safe distance from the window track to the door shell. The best way is measure the depth after removing the door panel. That also helps to see where to install the speaker. The door shell has a good size area to fit the speaker but it's not a flat surface. I assume you'll be installing them on the bottom part close to the lower door hinge. Another thing you can do is put an adapter for the speaker mount on the door panel surface to reduce the depth. Make sure you consider the window crank distance to the speaker face.
ulrich   +1y
I trimmed some sheet metal to get mine to fit. Didn't need adapters. IIRC I bought shallow speakers.
r3dline   +1y
how do you run wires where it doesnt look like shit?
ulrich   +1y

I didn't.

It looks possible, if you take the time. Out in to the front fender, then back a little an existing, ~.75"x1.25" hole in the front edge of the door. I'd be sure to protect the wire heavily.
gcncsuhd   +1y

I used a 1" spacer to make up for the speaker depth. I made the mistake of accounting for the window crank distance to the speaker...but not accounting for the thickness of my finger on the window crank...it has resulted in many smashed fingers while trying to roll up/down the window Oh well, I have learned how to finesse it, and miss the speaker while cranking the window.
mazdizzle   +1y

Like this
thread post photo
winslow33   +1y
I didn't need any spacers or anything.. Just had to drill a couple holes and make a small cut..
munkekiller   +1y
this is what I did. works great

thread post photo

thread post photo
1lo89b2200   +1y
Thanks for the help guys, very helpful.