Page 1 of 1
Mazda Audio \  sound cuts out problem

sound cuts out problem

Mazda Audio Mazda Tech
views 1048
replies 6
following 4

wicked   +1y
I just installed a new cd player the right way,using the adapter kit to factory wiring.Sometimes ALL the audio from the player will cut out..Funny thing is if I open the passenger door and slam it,it comes back on.I have not replaced the rear speakers yet.Could a rear blown speaker cause this?

Anyone run into this before?I have not traced the wires to the rears yet.
dan woodland   +1y
If motion or a "shock" makes it work it sounds like a short or loose wire to me. I'd trace and double all the connections and wires and be sure yo have a good solid ground.

OR

Maybe your head unit has some trouble? Jiggle the connection at the head unit.
Cusser   +1y
I just installed my "new" stereo last weekend; I also bought a special wiring harness that I could connect to the stereo's connector and just plug into the Mazda harnesses.

I soldered all those connections, covered with heat-shrink tubing. I did not use crimp connectors. So I say to first check all the connections you made, and to be sure those harness plugs are all tight.

I doubt it's a speaker, the other speakers would still play.

Actually, such intermittent (couldn't be traced to door slam, etc.) was why I repalced my JVC stereo from 1994: the cassette would still FF/rewind, so I know it had power, but occasionally no sound would come out using either cassette or radio. Several times I sprayed in canned "air" through the cassette slot, which seemed to help, so maybe mine had a particle of dust.
wicked   +1y
I was wondering if the computer had anything to do with it,since it is in the kick panel.Ill trace the wires when I pull the panels out.The radio ground is tight under the mount,the power stays on just the sound cuts out.I can hit the side of the radio and it makes no difference.
speedfreek09   +1y
usually a no sound condition is related to a blown speaker or grounded out speaker wire. you mention shutting the door will sometimes get the sound to work, i am wondering if someone has put aftermarket speakers in the door and not ran the wiring good enough to prevent it from grounding out. if thats not the case then check to see if the 4" speakers in the dash have been replaced, i have seen many e-tape connections go bad over time and fall off the wires leaving them exposed and touching.
wicked   +1y

I replaced the 4s in the dash myself recently and made sure the connections were tight.

You say if a wire is grounding out..that is very possible.The right rear speaker does not work at all.So it is possible the wire is off and grounding.Shutting the door would jar the wire.

Im hoping to take the panels out of the rear soon to replace with my new 6 1/2s.Maybe its like you say,just grounding out.Thanks.
wicked   +1y
It was a blown speaker,geuss the coil was shorting.Works fine now with new speakers.
Page 1 of 1