Page 1 of 3
Mazda Audio \  mazda mpv power windows?

mazda mpv power windows?

Mazda Audio Mazda Tech
views 3657
replies 20
following 12

thafox   +1y
saw mpv power window unit looks like it would bolt up in stock location and to the stock location of the glass also so i picked one up only had 2 drill 2 holes, 1 up top since it's slightly wider and one at the bottom to hold the motor to the door, and it pretty much did bolt into place with no major issues, so i hook up the window and it will go down fine not all the way but close enough but when going up it kinda binds up and stops, has anyone else tried mpv power windows before? maybe some light can be shined on as to y it's binding and stopping, with original crank setup there's no binding and the power window setup without glass goes up all the way and is secured to the door, below are some pics
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo
winslow33   +1y
Huh, that'd actually be pretty awesome if you can get it so it works right. I've been trying to figure out something for power windows myself. Let me know if you get it working!
91extcab   +1y
only thing i can think of is that the pw track is not perfectly aligned for where it needs to be... could be pushing the window *into* either the front or rear track, as opposed to just using the front/rear track as a guide... that could be what its binding on...
thafox   +1y

that could be it now that i think about it because it was falling out of the rear part of the track, but damnit i'll try and maybe angle it a bit or something and let you guy's know
91extcab   +1y
since the truck windows are a straight up/down i would suggest looking at the track for the pw part, and see what you need to do to make it competely vertical... maybe line up the old track on the outside and see exactly how far off from straight up/down the new track is... i would think that any kind of angle to the new pw setup would most certainly try to move the window slightly off proper slide compared to stock... especially since the window only bolts to the up/down track, and can really only follow what the up/down tells it to...
cmiller_10   +1y
hmm have you tried taking the cable out of the mvp track and puttin it in the b2200 one?
thafox   +1y

had kinda thought about that but then i dont want a wicked headace, i just want somewhat of a bolt in (i know kinda impossible) clean look, i never liked those aftermarket kits that are out there, i want somethin that looks somewhat like the b had factory power windows, im going to try what 91extcab said because the mpv regulator where it mounts to the bottom of the window is kinda crooked as compared to the factory b regulator by a bit so im going to try and compensate for that
tucnrim   +1y
i like this idea and hope you get it figured out soon. i am wanting to go to power windows myself and am thinking about getting this to control them:

would keep a factory look to the doors
mazdawg(mikey)   +1y
does the mpv regulator look like it can go any higher or is it maxing out at that height? and also check the curvature or the regulators and make sure the mpv isnt curvier and thats why its binding at the top
thafox   +1y

i actually had to cut about 2inches from the top because it was too long, but it does look straight as far as the rail is concerned, didn't have time to mess with it today (Saturday) but will give it a shot tomorrow, I'm freaking dying to have power windows already lol, I will definitely keep you guy's posted with pics and results