threads
Page 1 of 2
Mazda Audio \  Deck turns off when i turn my lights/driving lights on?

Deck turns off when i turn my lights/driving lights on?

Mazda Audio Mazda Tech
views 2125
replies 15
following 5

haters <3 me   +1y
i just bought this deck and just got it all put in professionally yesterday. the deck runs perfectly fine besides for it turning off when i put it at a high volume 25 . and i also found out that it turns off and stays off as soon as i turn my driving/lights on. And i dont know what is going on!
so please help me out! someone!!
jayeemo   +1y
ok dude they hooked it up wrong you need to take it back, if you turn it off and it looses the station when you turn it back on, then its in the yellow wire but it sound like they hooked it up to the wrong hot wire and if thats cutting out then it not getting the power it needs but for sure it is hooked up very wrong!
emjay   +1y
it sounds like they hooked up the ground wire for the stereo to the light wire from the original harness. Another member over on MT had this happen to his on a self-install. easy fix.

There is no ground wire in the harness, you need to use the chassis to ground the stereo. Plenty of points there to hook it up.
haters <3 me   +1y
i checked all the wires and they are all good. but im now thinking about what you said with the ground wire. what exactly would i do to fix it?
mazdawg(mikey)   +1y
They hooked the ground wire off the deck to the illumination wire in the truck. That wire rests at ground and turns to 12v when your lights are turned on. It is also a weak ground so that would explain the power loss at high volume. You need the ground wire on the deck to be ran to the metal bracket below it that mounts to the tranny tunnel. That'll fix it all.
haters <3 me   +1y
alright well ill see if that will work.

thaanks for everything love this site.
mazdawg(mikey)   +1y
I'm 100% sure it'll fix it. I did stereo for a living and have seen it done before plenty of times. It's an honest mistake for someone who gets in a hurry.
haters <3 me   +1y
thank you! grounded out the wires to the bottom of the bracket like you said. and it doesnt cut out anymore =D !!
haters <3 me   +1y
wow! i just went to start my truck up and now my driving lights wont turn on along with my dash lights! like whats going on?!! HELP
mazdatweaker   +1y
Have you removed the floating ground yet.