threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda Audio \  Importance of voltage in a deck...

Importance of voltage in a deck...

Mazda Audio Mazda Tech
views 1095
replies 5
following 5

addiktion   +1y
So my system consists of a Clarion DXZ775USB deck, a Massive PA50 amp, and 2 MTX Thunder4000 12" subs.

I would like to know if what I've been told is true... Will a deck with a true higher RCA voltage output power my amp better and make "THAT" much difference in my system? Overall will a JVC Arsenal KD-A615 deck be a smart and beneficial upgrade or not?

Apparently most brands say their decks are maybe 5 volts but they mis lead you to think that its out of each RCA when it is not, it is actually that much voltage of all the RCA's put together... is this true? According to the shop that tuned my system they say JVC is one of the few brands that have a true voltage rating. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated...
onelo86b2k   +1y
yes, the 5volt is better. plus the fact you can change the rear to a sub out helps.
col. sanders   +1y
The higher the voltage on the preamp output the hotter the signal is going into the amp so yes it will help. You also need to understand that to make power takes power. The tiny alt that the Mazda has will limit you a bit even more if you run multiple amps so to upgrade it is a big plus.
addiktion   +1y
so I am then assuming I can trust what these guys are telling me? Apparently my amp is only running at half power right now due to my deck, so if I get this JVC deck will that create my amp to run at full power and kick the shit outta my subs? I am really not impressed with my system if you haven't noticed, I realize the whole setup is not ideal, therefore its a choice on "what" to upgrade first or what would give me the most benefit... deck, amp, or subs. In their opinion it was the deck.
isaacstyles92   +1y
A higher output voltage only does one thing...increases the headroom for noise. It doesn't give a LOUDER signal...just a stronger, more stable one with less background noise. Cheaper decks usually run at 2V while 4V is the superior option. Still it should rarely be a selling point for any deck.
dvsdev   +1y
I'm running a JVC head unit myself, the KD-R826BT, (we don't have the arsenal gear here just yet) I am very happy with it as far as power, about the only thing I don't like is that the Bluetooth receiver has to plug into one of the USB ports.
I changed from a Panasonic head unit and even though I ran both into a 8v power acoustic line driver I did notice the difference.
Page 1 of 1