Page 2 of 2
S10 Engine \  2.2 wont fire up

2.2 wont fire up

S10 Engine S10 Tech
views 2594
replies 19
following 6

scooter   +1y
this might sound like a really dumb thing to do but did you check the spark plug wires and make sure that they were wired up right? i rebuilt a 2.2 in a 95 and i timed it up right and when i went to fire it up it wanted to crank sometimes then it wouldn't. so i moved a couple of plugs around and BOOM it fired right up. ended up being a coil pack off of a 2.2 cavalier engine and the damn guy i built it for failed to mention that to me. so check that. let me know if that helps. but if you it doesn't i will look in a wiring diagram to see what powers what for you. ohh, and i have access to something almost noone has when it comes to a manual on vehicles. i got it when i went to college for auto mechanics. let me know if anyone every needs some help.
cluster   +1y
nah i havent messed with the wires like moving around myself if you mean that they might be in the wrong order, condition of wires and plugs is good but thats a good idea.... usually if i let it sit a few hours (overnight usually) and go back out it will damn near kick up, so ill check the wires tomorrow and give that a shot

off topic: whats up with all the southeastern guys here LOL
scooter   +1y
yeah i noticed alot of people from the good ol' south on here too.
cluster   +1y
well i took it to the shop 2 days ago and got it back today...the shop said there was water in the tank and they flushed the fuel system....went there he started it up fine for me, went back 3 hour slater to meet the tow truck to get it to the house...starts u fine for me and i back it up......now we get to the house i get in it to back it off the rollback...all fine till the thing dies when it comes off and now it wont start up again! wtf is this lol works fine till it gets back home, so i guess back to the shop it might have to go...unless the water fucked something up big
maz89   +1y
Damn that sucks bro! Keep us updated on what they say
minitruckinranger   +1y
lol, hey no problem man, that's why we're here! there's a good group of cool ass people here and we try to help any way we can!

Ha Ha! This guy doordragr is such a drag!
cluster   +1y
lol.... well after messin with it for a day i reset the computer and cleaned the TB...seemed to do the trick still runs real sluggish but its going atleast and not stalling out... it was only driven 1100 miles or so within the last yr so that could be part of the sluggishness and before that it set in a storage for 2-3 years.....

time to get to rebuilding the suspension
maz89   +1y
good to hear, rock on man
maz89   +1y

yeah Jevon, and you're the guy with a FORD Ranger on an S-10 web site dumb ass
cluster   +1y

ROFL!