S10 Engine \  I NEED SERIOUS HELP!

I NEED SERIOUS HELP!

S10 Engine S10 Tech
views 2778
replies 16
following 7

pig rig   +1y
you can check your fuel pressure
turn your key on and you'll hear the pump come on and go off (it only takes a couple of seconds to pressure up )then at the valve stem deal on the back side of your intake manifold push that with a pen,a screwdriver, or what ever if it blows gas every where you got fuel if it only trickles out there you go
Its not accuret but its effective

is your engine a vortec if so I'd pull the plenom off your intake and check your injecters and see if one has sprung a leak
if one is leaking or if your fuel regulator is leaking it will blow gas all over in the plenom and it will Idle fine untill you give it gas then it will drop cylinders fowl plugs and run like shot

I know I've had this problem and I wish I was there it would make it a lot easyer give me your phone # and I'll call ya
lvnlow9543   +1y
you can give me a call @ 770-313-3543
pig rig   +1y
well did it run for you last night
pig rig   +1y
hey after I talked with you some thing came to mind change your dist. cap back to your old one and try that . every now an then I get a bad one (how many times you think its been droped before you bought it)
lvnlow9543   +1y
what do you mean droped?
dropemlow   +1y
if your cat clogged it probable had to much back pressure and jumped timini thats wat happend in my buddys probe
pig rig   +1y
been gone sorry didn't get back to you

dropped as in hit the floor