threads
Page 1 of 3
Mazda Audio \  RADIO IN UPPER POCKET.....

RADIO IN UPPER POCKET.....

Mazda Audio Mazda Tech
views 4945
replies 24
following 16

carolinasled   +1y
I KNOW THIS HAS BEEN MENTIONED ALOT AND I WAS JUST READING DIFFERENT THREADS ON IT. BUT A QUESTION FOR THE GUYS WHO HAVE DONE IT.

CAN YOU STILL USE THE TRIM RING THAT COMES WITH THE AFTERMARKET RADIO AND WILL IT JUST SNAP ON TO THE FRONT OF THE RADIO WITH NO PROBLEM?

ALSO FOR GRANTFAB, READ A POST WHERE YOU SAID FACEPLATE IN REARVIEW, DAMN BRO IF THAT AINT OLDSCHOOL....WOW.... THOSE WERE THE DAYS AND THEN YOU COULD MOUNT THE HEADUNIT BEHIND SOME MIRROR GLASS IN THE POCKET WITH A CD SLOT CUT OUT... I ALWAYS THOUGHT YOU HAD TO ACTUALLY SOLDER A EXTENSION FROM FACE TO HEADUNIT??

JUST WANDERING IF ANYBODY HAD DONE THE RADIO ON TILL DOOR OPEN DUAL RELAY TRICK LIKE THE NEW TRUCKS AND CARS TODAY???
pont   +1y
when I had my 86 up and running the head unit was not flush so I could still use the trim if you flush it then you will have to trim the plastic for it to fit in there
1hotdawg   +1y
I've got mine up there but don't really like it...just not clean with the gaps to the right and left of it. Just had some tinted plexi cut that I'll be using to mount it back in the below the dash piece along with a couple of gauges. Plus I just miss my pocket lol, used to keep a few things in there and now have to put them on top of the dash.
drpdmazda   +1y
i have mine up there, and made it so taht it is flush, i also fiberglassed over the dash piece to make it smoother and mounted two air ride gauges up there as well, then i wrapped the whole piece in tweed, the trim ring snaps on but falls off alot, i am going to hot glue it on there with clear glue so it stays in place i will try and get you some pics so you can see what i mean
sncflow   +1y
i think this looks better than having the radio over there.
thread post photo
damaz   +1y
Obviously not flush but i trimmed it with aluminum to get rid of the gaps. The aluminum used to hold my gauges (seen below the deck now) where the pocket used to be.
crazymikey   +1y
lol I like the Custom emblem. Both nice dashes...

I want to put my HU in the pocket. I hate it infront of the shifter because it's hard to reach.
madbagger   +1y
it's sweet havin the HU in the pocket cause u can reach the HU from the shifter and not even move ur hand. its def a worthwhile mod to do
midnightmike   +1y
ABS plastic, hot glue, bondo and satin black paint

thread post photo
ledevil   +1y
I like the dashs y'all did great jobs. I just wish I had a bigger dash to mess around with my 82 is kindqa small