Page 1 of 2
Mazda Audio \  help w/ audio

help w/ audio

Mazda Audio Mazda Tech
views 2232
replies 17
following 7

fanninator   +1y
damn. i need some help. nobody understands mazda pickups quite like mazda owners. ok what will have alot of boom yet still fit behind our seats?? under 300 or so. any suggestions r welcome except blowthrus n shit. no campers on fiberglass covers here, just inside the cab. thanks - fanninator
nytrdr24   +1y
i had two jl audio 8's powered by a 250 w profile amp in a custom ported
box me & my dad built to fit behind the mazda bench seat so the seat would go all the way back, some one kicked in by sliding rear window, and stole it tho.... dumbasses left the pioneer deck and about 100 cd's... still pissed me off tho! it was two seperate boxes for the speakers w/ a solid front, the amps were mounted in the middle, and wires run down behind the front to the tranny hump to the console & head unit. i also had two pioneer tweets on the front pillars and pioneer 4" speakers in the dash and
rear corners behind the seat.

$150 pioneer cd deck
$100 2 jl audio 8's (bought from friend)
$100 profile 250w amp
$150 4 pioneer 4" & a set of tweets
$50 for 1/2" particle board, carpet, and wire
=
$550 a decent system with enough bass to keep you happy
baggedb22   +1y
The 12" Polk Audio Sub In truck box i have and my amp=) Pm me if interested i need it gone so just throw me a price!
drpdmazda   +1y
^^^^ yeah that box should fit behind your seat and the amp is a pretty good amp to power that sub, if not i would reccomend the kicker L7 8" sub, i have one in both of my daily drivers and they pound, only require a 1 cubic foot box sealed, so that is pretty small, and as for an amp, i have one running off a jbl 150 watt mono block amp and the other running off a cadence 300 watt mono block amp, total costs for the systems in both my dailys, including head unit, 4 speakers, all wires and sub box, sub, sub amp and highs amp with all wires was less than 500 for both, all the stuff is quality brand name, i got it all from ebay so you just have to know hat to look for
fanninator   +1y
now when u say pound...how hard we talkin, ya no if its harder than a 200wt fosgate with a fosgate 12 in a truck box? thats actually bout the only thing i can compair it 2 because its the smallest system iv heard. the rest are 2 12s, 18" audiobahns, fosgate 12s with a 1200wt amp...that kinda stuff, but think 2 8" L7s and a power acoustik 1920wt amp would sound god or would it be 2 much for these lil trucks.....ahhhhh any help is appriciated.
later - fanninator
drpdmazda   +1y
too much??? whats that lol, you can never have too much, by punds i mean when people hear it in my explorer they dont believe me that it is only one 8 until i physically show them, they think it is two tens or a twelve no bullshit
nytrdr24   +1y
I HAD SEVERAL PEEPS ASK IF MY 2 8'S WERE 10'S OR 12'S AND I HAD TO SHOW THEM TOO.....
*86mazda*   +1y
two 10" jl audio w1's would sound really nice. Then just power it with about 300 watts rms. you'll be setting off alarms all over the place.
2fine89   +1y
I had 2 12w1's running 70 watts to each one and it would vibrate your eyeballs. Sounded real nice till I stepped up to 3 12w6's wooo hooo with 600 watts that frikkin rocked. this was in a reg cab truck. it was a VERY tight fit.
fanninator   +1y
hum. what kinda amp was the 140wt? also, do u have any pics of these 2 systems? or some descriptions of the box or anything. later - fanninator