Page 1 of 1
Mazda Audio \  Took all interior panels out

Took all interior panels out

Mazda Audio Mazda Tech
views 1360
replies 7
following 7

lukeinva   +1y
Well today I took when I was shavin my emblems on my 87 I was waiting for the bondo to dry, yes I know dont give me shit for using bondo!!! But any ways I took out all my interior parts and cleaned them and started painting them black I have only gotten 3 done so far but it will look tons better than the dirty gray I will take some pics and post them up once I get it done. I just got some interior paint from advanced auto parts going to see how that works. I hate using rattle can once I get a place to work on my truck they will be taken out again and painted the correct way but figured why not see what it will look like now!
minitruckinvet   +1y
Paint em all red to match your exterior...it will brighten the interior up like crazy. Just a suggestion.
lukeinva   +1y
no this is in my 87. Pic in my avatar is my 86. 87 is primer right now well just the cab I am working on the new bed I got.
fanninator   +1y
yea. im gona end up doin that w/ my factory goat shit brown interior. what did ya use on it? im goin with black and i no some boys who have had great success with the 3 stage chamelion(sp?) from walmart. but i donno yet.
bryandamage   +1y
i've done parts of my shit brown interior. i stuck my head unit in that coin tray thing above the ashtray and figured i'd give it a coat of black and it looks awesome. i did some other bits too and my steering wheel. that paint came off pretty quick tho, i'd have black hands after long drives

hook us up with some pics bro.
gregp   +1y
I am getting ready to try some of duplicolor's anodized paint. So my dash parts are all going to be anodized smoke gray. That is all the bezels and vents. I'm going to cover the rest of the dash in vinyl including the glove box which will have an embossed "turbo" written in it. My gauges including my temp controls and fan switch and heat control are all in white with red letters. It will be several months before this is all done. I'm starting on the drivetrain first. I do have some dash parts done though. I'll post pics when it's done.
crazymikey   +1y

hey,I used that paint in my '95 Contour on the plastic vent/HVAC/gauge cluster bezels,and the centre console and door handles. That stuff is awesome to work with. Really easy to use,and looks fantastic. People see it and they're like "whoa,isn't that stuff like stupid expensive?" and I'm like "if $30 is expensive......"

I'm not gonna do that in my Mazda though. Probably just paint the black plastic around the HVAC/vents to match body colour and swap out my burgundy interior for grey pieces.
88lx   +1y
I did'nt read all.... But to remove all (strip) clean and replace is a JOB, On many. But My EXT mazda was right up there with a new full size anything (With the eception of big Torx Bit and BS ..... So many friction fittings (push plugs that only come out with panel tools, Gonna tear it up without a panel remover! I recommend a panel removal kit from your local snap-on Man ($60) 5 piece set. nice wont rust, got what cha need......I can hardly afford many tools from the truck,but the ones I've bought I can hardly do without.
Page 1 of 1