threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda Audio \  bass skips cd player (help)

bass skips cd player (help)

Mazda Audio Mazda Tech
views 1105
replies 6
following 6

*86mazda*   +1y
ok, so i'm new and i have an 86 mazda. its pretty much stock exept for i have 2 bazooka 12's in the extended cab powered by a rockford fosgate mono amp (350 watts rms), and two pioneer 6 1/2" 4 way speakers powered by a 100 watt rms amp. it is extremely loud, one of the loudest at my school. but lately the bass has been skipping my cd player. i have had this setup for at least 8 months now and it is really pissing me off because i can't crank my system. what should i do?
f n lo   +1y
buy a new deck......lol put you money into somehtin gthat will last you a while,...and sounds great....
pro-rabbit   +1y
try cleaning the eye and also pull the radio out and make sure its not sitting on anything like metal or other brackets. Your setup should not make any CD player skip, so try out those things and you should fix it.
drpdmazda   +1y

yup i second that, sorry but i dont think that set up should cause your player to skip from the bass, i have two kicker L7 12's right behind my seats with 2000 watts going to them and my alpine has never skipped a beat
so i would try cleaning it, DO NOT USE A CLEANING DISC, it will ruin the eye, just use compressed air, or invest in a good alpine
good luck
dragginb2200   +1y
my did the same thing i had 6 12s and every time the bass note hit it skipped then i found out that if you run a peice of flat steel and mount it in the back of the radio to the fire wall and mount it tight so the radio dont have any type of movment. then it stops skipping mine works great good luck
drpdmazda   +1y

yeah you can support it, you can get whats called a back strap probably at a local best buy or circuit city install bay, then do the same thing with it, nice thing about the back strap is it already has holes so its easy to mount
phatkix   +1y
my buddy had a crappy sony deck for a while and it skipped from the bass

mind you i guess 152 dbs makes some shit skip
Page 1 of 1