threads
Page 1 of 2
Mazda Audio \  KICK PANELS=>What you have/how you did it?

KICK PANELS=>What you have/how you did it?

Mazda Audio Mazda Tech
views 1870
replies 13
following 8

costa   +1y
Just wanted to ask how many of you have made kick panels for your speakers down low instead of in your dash because im starting to do my system and dont know how i should approach it. Also if you could post How to's that would be awesome because i'm new to the whole glassing a panel so whatever advice would be great....
thetornado   +1y
i want to do some fiberglassin also, probably going to start with the kick panels being its a small area...
costa   +1y
Yeah just need some how to's/pics because im planning on buying my speakers just dont know what size to get for the panel i dont know how to make lol
2fine89   +1y
Here is a couple of links.

No batteries for my cam .. lol now that I dug them up they aint lookin too pretty. 6" co-axials in the kick of a 4runner. ha ha will post when I get batt's.
drpdmazda   +1y
i would not go much larger than a 5 1/4" if you have a stick shift tranny, since you will be cutting it close with the speaker near the clutch pedal, one wrong move and a foot through your speaker could be an expensive mistake, i have them in my door panels, i think i talked to you about them before, one of the many people who was interested in buying them then never got back to me, but its all good, fiberglass can be a pain in the ass if you are planning on painting over it, if your going to wrap them its a lot less work, to get glass perfect for paint takes an ass load of sanding, but wrapping them on the other hand, theres almost no sanding, the hardest part will be coming up with your design, from there its pretty easy, build your basic setup out of wood or speaker rings, then just cover it with fiberglass matting and fiberglass resin

heres a pic of my panels

miked   +1y
what size is that for drp, i have 2 sets of 6 1/2 comps to fit somewhere. as i have stick an have pretty big/wide feet..lol its a little cramped.. have u run into anyproblems running wiring into the door?
mullet   +1y

those are from my old truck
costa   +1y
Thanks everyone and drpdmazda just want to clear up i havent talked to you about getting a panel but on a plus note it looks pretty badass..
mazdawgydawg   +1y
not to be mean or an ass or what ever but im pretty sure the topic is on kick panels not door panels theres a set on ebay costa check them out there glassed to hold something like 6 1/4 or something i dunno
drpdmazda   +1y

gotta love the pointless comments talking about another pointless comment i was talking about kick panels in my post but also mentioned i thought i had talked to him before so your comment makes no sense if you had gone back and read the post