Page 1 of 1
Mazda Audio \  door problems

door problems

Mazda Audio Mazda Tech
views 766
replies 5
following 3

gwadzam   +1y
whats up i need to know how to get my drivers side door panel off, with the door locked shut with no working lock. the lock was ripped out of the door panel completely (this stupid ass guy thought he could get my door lock un-stuck with blunt nose plyers). besides calling the locksmith which i will do when i get paid, how can i go about getting my door opened?
drpdmazda   +1y
if its not the type that goes up to the window, and you have the metal at the top of the door exposed, you can gently pull the panel, or pry it with a panel pop or a flat head, and it will pop the retainer clips out, you should be able to get it far enough down, if not all the way off ( after you take off the window crank, arm rest, and loosen the interior handle ) then you have full access to your doors insides
blare   +1y
what did he rip off that little tab that you pull up and down? To take off the door panel you just have to unscrew the armrest and the door handle. Then pull off the window crank (there is alittle u pin on the back that u need to pull out). Door panel should come right off. Then u can just pull up on the
gwadzam   +1y
ya its the tab that was ripped out, its got a long metal bar thats attached to it with a little green clip that looks like it could be broken. also my door panel is the one that goes to the window.
drpdmazda   +1y

from what i understand those door panels seperate near the top, see if you can seperate the upper part from the bottom part, follow the same steps of taking off the handle, rest etc. and see if you can seperate the panel then take the lower half off, you can also try to superglue the plastic piece back together if possible, then once you fix it you should trade me your door panels for mine that dont go all the way up, and this problem wont happen ever again and i can get the panles i have been searching for, for a year, lol i hope it works out for you
blare   +1y
damn man you been looking for a year? Mine arent it the greatest condition, but ill check next time i make a junkyard run
Page 1 of 1