Page 1 of 2
Mazda Audio \  fiberglass center console

fiberglass center console

Mazda Audio Mazda Tech
views 1946
replies 13
following 8

tskb2200   +1y
well i started making a center console a few days ago.
i found a way to do it on the net with a styrofoam base,but resin eats foam so you coat it with drywall mud before you lay the resin. i'm trying it now i have one coat of resin and mat on. when i get about 4 or 5 more coats on i can use acsetone to take the styrofoam out and use water to get the drywall mud out then i will be left with a shell.

p.s. i work at lowes so i got the styrofoam for free off shipments of doors the mud was damaged so i got it for $1 and the resin was damaged so i got it for 10 bucks for a gallon and i bought the mat at full price. so i have 16 dollars invested right now.
flammingjoe   +1y
lets see some pics
madmazda   +1y
Pictures!!!!!!!!!
tskb2200   +1y
i'm working on the pics gotta find a camera.
i'll see if i can borrow my neighbors tomorrow or something.
madmazda   +1y
kk, Keep us updated, Pictures and progress
mazm   +1y
yeah keep us updated, i am about to glass my console for my s10 soon
sprkndawg   +1y
Keep us updated man.
tskb2200   +1y
well i haven't done much else gotta get some more brushes been busy with holiday shopping and stuff funds have been kinda low got layed off from my job. but when i do some more i will keep you updated
low87dawg   +1y
sorry man but lets see some pics soon i would like to start mine
s10blazed   +1y
Just so you know next time, instead of coating the styrofoam with drywall mud you can use aluminum foil. It's quicker, easier, and the styrofoam will come right off after you get a layer or two of resin in place.