Page 1 of 1
Mazda Audio \  heater blower motor

heater blower motor

Mazda Audio Mazda Tech
views 1084
replies 6
following 3

jcshipp   +1y
hi, im new to this site, have had my 87 b for about 3 years now.finally got around to fixin a few probs it has. now my main problem would b with the heater, bought a new blower today, but cant get it to come on. hooked up the wires and left it sittin on floor to make sure it spun the right way. but it would not spin. im geetin fire at the plug. so it really has me stumped any help would b great. thanks in advance jeff
midnightmike   +1y
check to see if your getting power at the switch, or.... in the fuse box under the dash theres a circut breaker, its black and had a little red button right in the middle check that, but sometime the breaker itself fails ive had problems with that once before i just put a 10AMP fuse and a jumper wire to see if it was the prob and then went to the scrap yard and picked one up there
jcshipp   +1y
thanks, will check that in mornin. but would i still b gettin fire at the plug that plugs into motor if switch was bad?? im not to good with car electronis. puters r a diffrent story.lol
midnightmike   +1y
i think so, im not to sure, i dont have any heater shit left in my truck to check
paul42   +1y
You said the blower is just on the floor for testing. Does it use its housing as a ground? You might have to mount it up to get it to work. Just an idea.
midnightmike   +1y
no its all plastic
jcshipp   +1y
thanks guys, got it workin. turns out my grouund was bad. doesnt have to b mounted but sure helps to have a good ground.. sorry... now on to the next project. think its a electrical problem too. windshield washer wont work. no fire to it.. might come out better if i just go thru whole harness..
Page 1 of 1