Page 1 of 1
Mazda Audio \  oh crap!!!

oh crap!!!

Mazda Audio Mazda Tech
views 1019
replies 5
following 2

bagman   +1y
ive got a wire burnt under my dash...its red with a black chaser...i think it has something to do with my brake lights,not sure,i put a new headlight switch on and it works fine,but i cranked up and turned them on and the tail light fuse popped,replaced the 10 amp fuse,pop again,put a 25 in,worked good......exept all the smoke under my dash!!!!!!!!!!!!stupid ass me....what can i do???please help!!1
midnightmike   +1y
that wire is the parking light wire its shorted somewhere . in the truck, what u need to do is disconnect anything that the light are tied into, like alarm, neon lights, anything.. and then follow that wire to where it goes, check for any pinching or chaffing, check the plugs by the taillights, and the corner lights, disconnect all the tails and corners and see if it still blows a fuse
bagman   +1y
ok,but...i have nothing tied to that wire,u think maybe something is pinching it though...does that wire go thru the firewall back to something under the hood or straight to the park lights....its burnt up from the plugin under the dash by the buzzer relay and blinker relay up to the big harness
midnightmike   +1y
it could be anywhere in the truck ive repaired problems like this before, it couldve been found easier and fixed quicker if u didnt put in a 25 amp fuse in line of it, now the wire runs all the way from the front corner light across the the rad support into the dash,from there it runs down the drivers side sil plate then across the back wall to the passenger side then there is a plug, then from there it runs out to the rear lights along the frame rail, check to see if theres any damage on the line going back, if not then check the ones going to your corner lights unplug them and put in a new 5amp fuse and see if the lights come on, then plug one corner light in at a time and if the fuse blows when the corner lights are pluged in then u got a bad one, but if blows with no light pluged in then the problem is in the wire itself, if u unplug the harness at the rear coner of the cab, do it, and see if it works, prosess of elmination, my buddys maz had the same problem and it was a shorted corner light socket, let me know if u need more help
bagman   +1y
i found it this morning....a wire coming from the illumination wires running to the radio area,not even being used,was arcing out on the radio shroud screw...but first i did what u were saying,process of elemination,and still couldnt find it,so i talked to russ d in another forum on ssm,and he said to check some of the radio wires and bam!there that little sumbish was!!!!so thanx to all of yall...i can drag like a mofo tonight!!!yall r so great!
midnightmike   +1y
shit, i totally for got about the dimmer light wire behind the radio DOH!
Page 1 of 1