Page 1 of 2
Mazda Audio \  tv's in the dash

tv's in the dash

Mazda Audio Mazda Tech
views 1980
replies 13
following 6

madbagger   +1y
how do i get the black part of my dash off ( around where my hvac controls are) so i can put my tv and stereo in right? and how do i get that little pod that the stock radio off so i can put another tv there? also what size tv's can i put in each spot? i figure a 7 will fit
thetornado   +1y
to get the top frame off:
1. take off the frame surronding your instrument panel - two screws underneath, and 2 screws inside on the top of the frame
2. take off your fan and temp knobs
then take of the nuts that are on those studs

to take of the bottom, theres just two screws on each side.
drpdmazda   +1y

dont forget the screw on the top right corner, behind the smooth little black piece, right at the end of the hot/cold slider, if that makes sense, i have a 7.2" screen in the old factory radio housing and still had room to go a little bigger
thetornado   +1y
aha! i knew i would forget at least one. yaya, that little piece just pops off when pried.
madbagger   +1y
so i have to take out the whole dash to take off that little piece?
thetornado   +1y
haha, no!!!!!!
just the frame around your instrument panel... where your guages are at. then the two nuts, and one more screw behind that cap.
drpdmazda   +1y
its not as hard as it seems,
madbagger   +1y
yes i just finished thanks for the help
drpdmazda   +1y

hope it all works out for you, we will bill you later, and dont forget to plug the light dimmer back in when your done
tucnrim2004   +1y
this is a firends mazda... since i relocated he says he has done more to it... hope to see soon.....
thread post photo

but to keep it on topic.. here is his monitor in dash that he glass in my living room... it came out pretty nice....
thread post photo