threads
Page 1 of 2
Mazda Audio \  Anyone have 6x9's in there truck?

Anyone have 6x9's in there truck?

Mazda Audio Mazda Tech
views 1679
replies 10
following 6

richl73   +1y
I was wondering if anyone has put 6x9's in there truck, I got a bangin' deal on some 6x9's and i'm clueless where to put them? I thought they would fit in the pillars with some customizing but I don't think so... I was also thinking about putting them in the headrests facing the back window- let me know what you think honestly
thetornado   +1y
im assuming you have a standard cab?
richl73   +1y
Yeah
mark   +1y
yea i was kinda wondering too..i can't put them in the B pillars, because on my truck, there is a plastic panel that goes over the hole...the 4.5inch speaker back there barely clears
thetornado   +1y
one guy i knew had each one in its own box just right behind the seat. sounded great.
richl73   +1y
that would be cool but only for lows, I wanna be able to hear the mids and the highs - behind the seat would just give lows right?
mark   +1y
i think that would be perfect for me, cause i lost my low/ low mids when i took my 10inch subwoofer out...but then i took it out because i wanted more leg room, so putting boxes back there with 6x9's would get rid of the leg room lol
speed_cult   +1y
My old 87 Yota had 6x9s in those little wedge boxes bolted to the kick panels (came that way when I bought it). Sony Xplode speakers and a Sony Xplode CD deck. Was pretty loud and the speaker boxes bolted flat to the kick panel but because of their wedge shape the speakers were angled towards the driver and passenger. I mounted them in the doors a few months later when I made new door panels.
richl73   +1y
If I did mount them to the doors how much of a spacer would I need to clear the window when it's rolled down? 'Cause I was thinkin about ditchin the pockets on the door panels and taking a piece of flake board or something a attaching my speaker to it and then attaching the wood to my door
2fine89   +1y
I used to have my 6x9's in those wedge boxes behind the seat (early 90's) and I had them just sitting in there BUT with 15 feet of speaker wire with them and I used to pull them out and put them on my roof at pit parties and bush parties. They sounded good back there I don't remember loosing too much mid-high from them being down low ....