Page 1 of 2
Mazda Audio \  wiring to the door

wiring to the door

Mazda Audio Mazda Tech
views 1543
replies 12
following 7

never2low   +1y
What would be a good idea to wire the door. I dont just a wire sticking out, anything clever anyone knows? i want to hook up a speaker there. Thanks.
mullet   +1y
i have no idea what your actually asking.. but there was an artical in Mini Truckin a couple months ago about clean door jambs.. this company sold universal door grommets to run wires threw.
drpdmazda   +1y

yeah the company is autoloc, they sell stainless steel door looms that make the jams look really clean
thetornado   +1y
they also sell the rubber ones for like $5. i need to order a pair of those for my wiring to my actuators...
mullet   +1y
ahh true.. and custompartsbiz has a deal on all autoloc stuff right now.
never2low   +1y
ah, yeah, i want a rubber one, just to hide the wire, i hate the look of wires anywhere. Im actually going to a scrap yard soon and will check around there to see if i can pull it off another vehicle.
nothinbutcowboy   +1y
make sure you go through the right spot. there is a factory location for drilling holes in the door jamb, but you have to take off the door to get to it, it is far back, but there is a little spot, midway up the door that is ment for running wires. Take the time to take the door off, and drill the holes right, don't do a hack job.
midnightmike   +1y
^^^^ lol ya do what the cowboy said, cuz he did his the hacker way, ill show some pics of it some day,

or u just pull off your kick panel and drill out wards with a proper bit and it'll save u time ive done that lots of times
never2low   +1y
Allrighty, My doors come off easily, i allready took them off to do some bodywork. My front bumper wont come off those, gotta try heating up the bolts.
thetornado   +1y
i had to use an impact wrench the last time i took mine off. dont ask me how i got it under the battery on the passenger side but i managed somehow.