threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda Audio \  Best Fabric to use for interior?

Best Fabric to use for interior?

Mazda Audio Mazda Tech
views 1087
replies 5
following 3

mpenner49   +1y
What are soem stuff everyone has used in their interior? Like what has everyone used and done to thier interior? How do you do door panels and headliners?
drpdmazda   +1y
most commonly used material is tweed it is a little difficult to work with and you have to be careful with ahich gluie you use, some of it doesnt stick right and your tweed omes off, and if you use too much it can soak through the tweed, go to they have everything you need from tweed to glue and sculpting foams, if you havent done it before i would suggest goignt to the junk yard and getting some door panels to practice on then get some of the clearance tweed from the site i mentioned and use that to practice rather than buing more expensive stuff and messing it up or
even worse your door panels

hope that helps a little
mpenner49   +1y
IS the foam the stuff you use to make ike a design andf then put tweed over it to get that 3-D protruding look on door panels or headliner?
mpenner49   +1y
Just wanta do soemthing with my interior and Just getting everyones 2 cents on whats the best to use and how it looks. Does tweed look good?
drpdmazda   +1y
yeah tweed looks real good if it is done right and the color goes with your interior/exterior colors, and yes the foam is so you can make shapes in the panels or wherever, you can cut it and sand it to pretty much any design you want
i am going to get my truck back from the shop right now, when i get some time i will post some pics of my door panels for you, we fiberglassed two sets of 6.5" speakers and foamed and tweeded them,
mazm   +1y
i used tweed on parts of my interior, you have to be carefull about getting to much glue on it, and soaks through the tweed
Page 1 of 1