Page 1 of 2
Mazda Audio \  pulling the dash

pulling the dash

Mazda Audio Mazda Tech
views 1601
replies 10
following 9

stock_fat0727   +1y
does anyone know how hard it is or what i need to pull the whole dashboard out?
mullet   +1y
Not hard at all.. just start at the top and work your way in, taking off the guage bezzle.. and glove box.. more you take off the more bolts u find. Good luck
Mike
drpdmazda   +1y

go to the local parts store ( pep boys, auto zone etc ) and get a haynes manual for $15 it will tell you everything you need to know, then you can go to the local junkyard and practice so if you fuck anything up it wont matter its not your truck haha
sprkndawg   +1y
just remeber after you get all the bolts out , you need to undo the 2 bolt holding the steering colum up so you can get that dash over it.
mullet   +1y
Or the two bolts holding it up and the 4 bolts attatching it to the fire wall and pull your entire colloum out.. O.. but be sure to take off the ignition and turn signal crap.
luke   +1y
It is not hard, just akward.
mazdawgydawg   +1y
lol we got it out with 4 of us i had had it half way out then the 4 of us ripped it out and i sold it lmao dident need to touch the steering colum it slid right over top not too hard wither cept for th top bolts
maz   +1y
yeah remove the glove box and guages there are bolts hiding there the only other parts that catch up are the heater controlsand wiring
baggedb22   +1y
Yea but be careful not to slip when lifting it over the steering colum It's not hard to crack the inside of the windshield...
trashed   +1y
i didnt have to take my glovebox out