threads
Page 1 of 2
Mazda Audio \  cheapy headunit that can play cd-r/cd-rw's?

cheapy headunit that can play cd-r/cd-rw's?

Mazda Audio Mazda Tech
views 3328
replies 12
following 6

nateid15   +1y
Hey all, I'm wandering if theres a cheap head unit out there that can play burnt cd's... Also, how do you take out the stock head unit... And will the wires line just need to be stripped/crimped to where the stock one went?

Thanks all... Im audio stupid...
Also, I'm not looking for anything flashy... because on rare occasions, the button is down, but the door opens... just gotta unlock it, and slam it really hard to fix it... but I really dont want anything tempting in it...

SO cheap head unit thats not flashy, and can play burnt cd's would be? (thinking the jensen 3010)
How do you remove the stocker
How do you wire a head unit up?
~Nate
blare   +1y
I dont think that they make an wire adapter kit to plug into the stock harness so ur gonna have to splice some wires. Most cd players are gonna have a power, ground, accesory, and illumination wire.
Power is constant this allow ur cd player to remember what is going on when its off.
Ground - duh.
Accesory is going to be the wire that only has power when u turn the key this is also what turns the cd player on.
Illumination is up to you. This dims the cd player when u turn on ur headlights or running lights. I personally cannot drive with a bright ass cd player at night.

Speakers are easy u got positive and negative u cant go wrong.

I know I am forgetting something. Anyways most cd players come with some kind of wiring diagram.

And if your worried bout someone stealing ur player get one with a detachable face.
mullet   +1y
Circuit CIty and Best Buy both have wiring harness that will plug into your factory harness, and have common collors going off. On your aftermarket radio you will have:
Red - Switch power.. only gets 12volts when key is on
Yellow - Constant 12 volts
Black - ground
White - drivers side positive speaker lead
white and black stripe - drivers side negative
grey - passengers side positive lead
grey and black stripe - passengers negative
green - drivers rear positive speaker lead
green and black stripe - drivers rear negative
purple - passengers rear positive speaker lead
purple and black stripe - pasengers rear negative
blue - remote turn on (amps)
orage - illumination.. don't worry about it.. more trouble than worth.
If you need me to get you the factory colors.. let me know
mike
nateid15   +1y
well i guess now im torn between replaceing the h/u, or doing the cassett converter...
I'll be asking for help if i replace the headunit... anyone have any experiance with a cassette converter, do they suck?
~Nate
blare   +1y
Man I rock my cassette player everyday!!!!!!!
mark   +1y
you stole that cassette player from my dad's truck

the cassette converter is ok..it doesnt have the same quality as a CD HU
drpdmazda   +1y

those cassettes are crap, all they do is creat a hissing noise in your radio, sounds like poop, the radio removal an re-installation is real easy, as someone else mentioned, best buy and circuit city sell the harness, all you have to do is match the colors, put the wires with stripes togethere and the ones with no stripes together, its as easy as can be, the radio comes out with 4 screws, two on each side of the housing, then theres 4 that hold the radio to the housing also, its real easy, you could even go to pep boys and buy a haynes manual if you wanted to it will go step by step how to remove it

hope that helps
nateid15   +1y
so im still at my first question... any reccmendations on a h/u?
Thanks alot
~Nate
blare   +1y
jut go to a best buy or walmart I think they have a couple of models under 100 bucks.

Who cares what it sounds like anyways you should be dragging not listening to your radio lol.
nateid15   +1y
erm, u've seen my truck, right?
Im affrade to drag it ;p
(incase u havent... go to )
also... the 15 in my name means im 15...
~Nate