Page 1 of 1
Mazda Audio \  Shaved Door Handles

Shaved Door Handles

Mazda Audio Mazda Tech
views 1369
replies 6
following 3

joeyaces   +1y
I was thinking of shaving the door handles on my B2200, I was just wondering if you mount the poppers on the door itself, or on the cab part, if you can mount them on the door itself, then I could do all the work on a pair of doors I have off my old truck that are still in good shape, and then put them on my newer truck, so then I won't have to worry about wrecking the good truck, and I can take my time working on them because I will still be able to drive around. Thanks for any info you can give me!
Joe
joeyaces   +1y
sorry, guess that shoulda been in exterior, wasn't really thinking.
baha   +1y

OMG LOOK WHAT YOU HAVE DONE!!!!

haha
j/k lol no big deal man we arn't like that here.

the poppers can be pretty much mounted anywhere you can run a cable to them and the latch and be able to hide it. Its very similar to how your hood release or parking break is. As long as you run the cable right they will work. Its best to keep them out of the weather though. Make sure they are mounted horizontal and not vertical because moisture will get in and they will seize up after awhile. Good luck!!
joeyaces   +1y
Thanks Baha, do you, or does anyone else know where I could find a good tutorial on shaving door handles (like the one Miked had in the Fiberblass thread), I just understand things better if I see it rather than just reading it. Thanks alot,
Joe
baha   +1y
i duno about turtorials, do you need help shaving the handle or installing the solenoids? Just ask questions ill help as best I can, theres some other guys that are on here that shaved their handles im sure they will be able to help you out to mane.
miked   +1y
dont know if u can see it but heres one... its not for a mazda tho..

joeyaces   +1y
Thanks alot Miked, that was just what I needed, I had to get a frickin membership to see the pics, but it was worth it.

and thanks for the support Baha, if I have any questions I will be sure to ask! Thanks again guys,
Joe
Page 1 of 1