Page 1 of 1
Mazda Audio \  Fiberglass

Fiberglass

Mazda Audio Mazda Tech
views 1639
replies 9
following 6

joeyaces   +1y
Has anyone here made a fiberglass box for their sub behind the seats, or have a picture or know where I can find a picture of this or something like it? Im interested in making the whole area behind the seats (standard cab) fiberglass and having a sub on either side with the amp in the middle or something, just thought if i just saw a picture it would help me out alot, Thanks,
Joe
miked   +1y
cid (dale)   +1y
Nice tutorial miked . Excellent information for someone new trying it out.

Dale
baha   +1y
fiberglass is tricky, takes alot of patience, i think fiberglass was harder to learn then welding. You have to have the right amount of resin to matt, to little and to much can make the piece weak. That enclosure looks bad arse heres some pics of my overhead console if you want to check it out

joeyaces   +1y
Thanks alot Mike, that was a great tutorial, after reading that I feel pretty confident in doing it to my truck, I suppose making a box for the whole area behind my seats would take alot more material, and i would also have to mount the amp etc, to the fiberglass which would make it that much harder and there would be alot of fairly flat areas so I would need alot of layers to keep it sturdy.

Baha, that looks pretty sick man, I was originally thinking I wanted to paint mine aswell, but now I think i'll just use carpeting cuz I don't think I would be able to get it looking smooth enough to paint it without alot of defects showing through.

Thanks again guys for the help,
Joe
miked   +1y
joeyaces, use MDF as your base an then glass the front of it. as any flat area with glass isnt going to be strong you should avoid it.
joeyaces   +1y
If i just glassed the front, how would I get a tight enough seal between the glass and the MDF, to not have any gaps? cuz I would think the subs would pound on that thing pretty hard
baha   +1y
glass bonds to mdf pretty well mane just build up the layers to you think its thick and strong enough. can't wait to see pics!
jsnpdy22   +1y
u can also you fleece instead of fiberglass mat. it holds the resin better.u can buy it anywhere.
nateid15   +1y
NICE, thanks alot... o great, now i want to do it ;p
~Nate
Page 1 of 1