Page 1 of 1
Mazda Audio \  Door speakers

Door speakers

Mazda Audio Mazda Tech
views 1288
replies 7
following 2

joeyaces   +1y
Does anyone have pictures or details of the process of puttiing speakers in the door, any type of installation would be good, but I have no experience with fiberglass or anything like that. Also, I just pulled a set of really nice 6"x9" Pioneer 3 ways out of my grand prix, does anyone have any ideas of where I can put them in my maz? I figure putting them in boxes behind the seats would be easiest, but that would probly sound shitty and muffled. Thanks,
Joe
thetornado   +1y
the pioneer 6x 9s i have in the back sound great to me. i dont think they will be muffled in the back. what watt deck do u have in?
joeyaces   +1y
where exactly are your 6"x9"s. Im not sure the ammount of watts it puts out (I don't understand very much about audio) I think its maybe 50wx4? I have no clue. I know it says on it but I would have to check.
thetornado   +1y
well basic wattage isnt that hard to understand. if you have a 200 watt deck, that means the max amount of wattage you can put out would be 200.
so if you have a 6x9 that can handle 150 watt max, then you speakers will be fine being that together they can handle up to 300 watts, where you deck can only put out 200 max anyways.
now if you have the front speakers in, each speaker will be getting a division of 50 watts to each speaker, thats what the 50x4 on your deck means.

my speakers are in the back cab, i have an extended cab. they are along the wall under my side windows.
do you have a standard or extended?
joeyaces   +1y
I guess I didn't understand cuz I never really stopped to get it. I have a standard cab, thats why I thought 6x9s would be muffled behind the seats bacause there would only be a few inches from the seats to the speakers.Man that kinda pisses me off about the buckets, I just had a buddys grandpa who owns a shop, he said that I could have first attack at a rusty second gen. B2200 he was just about the send to the wreckers, the thing was in pretty bad shape, the only things on it that I wanted were the buckets which were ironically in awsome shape, but I looked and they didnt look like they would fit so i just left em. Oh well guess im off to the wreckers.
thetornado   +1y
the buckets should fit in your standard cab. look around on some of the other threads. theres on about guys who have used other buckets in their truck
concerning your speakers, your probably right, i didnt know you had a standard cab. that stinks. you stillmight be ok though. i had a buddy that had a toyota standard pickup and he put 6x9s in behind his seats in a box and they didnt sound bad at all.
joeyaces   +1y
Ok thanks Tornado, I guess I might as well give it a try, im sure they should better than sitting on a shelf my closet.
Joe
joeyaces   +1y
I think I found the thread about the seats before, but they don't give any details so I figured some of them had to do alot of work to get them in there.
Page 1 of 1