Page 1 of 1
Mazda Audio \  Blow-through?

Blow-through?

Mazda Audio Mazda Tech
views 1494
replies 6
following 4

joeyaces   +1y
I keep hearing guys talk about making a blow-through for their truck, I am really interested because i have a 91 b2200 reg cab so as im sure you know there isnt much room for a sub, I currently have one 10" Rockford Fosgate (the only sub i could find that would fit in a truck box) and it isn't nearly enough, that and even with it in the truck box I can't get the bench back far enough to be comfortable. I was wondering how easy a mod this is to do, and if there is any info out there on the net on how to do it. I am also thinking of putting in some buckets (I don't know what out of yet) if I did that does anyone have any plans for a box that would fit between the two seats, although i guess you would need to know the dimentions of the sets themselves. Anyway sorry it is such a long winded question, but any help would be appreciated, Thanks,
Joe
mark   +1y
you could always get buckets out of an xcab mazda...prolly a lot easier to swap in

and the box, u could always just design it yourself, just make some random shape and make a box out of it then shove a sub in there lol
blare   +1y
ya i got buckets from a maz and theres plenty of room to throw a sub in between there
joeyaces   +1y
Hey Blare, did the x-cab buckets you put in just drop in? or did you have to make some new brackets, I heard there are a few types that drop in (626,323) but when I looked under at the brackets there seems to be only one on each outside edge, which wouldn't support both sides of the bucket, am I just not seeing them? Thanks,
Joe
paul42   +1y
A blow through is a pretty easy mod. All you have to do is take a sawzall and cut out your desired hole side in the back cab wall and the front of the bed. Get a long blade and cut both sides at once so they will be in the same place. Then go to a canopy dealer and buy some accordian boot. Sold by the foot for usually $5. Seal the seam of the boot with some silicone. When you build a box coat it with some "snow roof" its like a roofing material sold at hardware stores. This will make your box weather resistant. Put some canopy tape on the front of your box where it will meet up with the bed front. Bolt your box down. Does all this make any sence or does it seem like I am rambling. When you are done you should have a weather tight seal between the box and the bed you shouldnt even need a canopy or tonnau cover.

BTW save the metal pieces you cut out fo your truck incase you need to weld them back in someday.
paul42   +1y
I can find some old pics of a truck I did a blowthrough in and scan and post them if you would like.
joeyaces   +1y
That would be great Paul if it isn't too much trouble. and yes that did make sense, thanks.
Joe
Page 1 of 1