Page 1 of 1
Mazda Audio \  Fogs won't shut off

Fogs won't shut off

Mazda Audio Mazda Tech
views 1526
replies 6
following 5

knightscape   +1y
I've got the stock foglights on my 2000 mazda b3000. They've done this since I bought the truck last month. When you turn the headlights on, the fogs come on, if you hit the foglight switch (pushbutton with an off/on light), they stay on they stay on anyway, no matter what position it is in, so does the off/on light. They do shut off when you hit the brights and come back on when you go back to low beam.

I can't find anywhere that's been jumped to bypass the switch, could a bad relay do that? I'm thinking I'll check the switch first. Any ideas?
baha   +1y
Im not 100% sure but it sounds like your lights are working the way they are supposed to. Your fog lights probably supposed to turn off when your hibeams are on. If you want you could hook a switch to them to control them manually so you can turn them off.
knightscape   +1y
Yeah they shut off like they are supposed to for the brights, but there is a stock fog switch by the radio that you are supposed to be able to use to turn on the fogs with the parking lights only (without low beams on), for when you are actually using them in the fog. I think they may have been jumpered to the headlight relay somewhere cause right now they only work when the headlights are on.
thetornado   +1y
....sorry, i dont have any ideas, but it does remind me of this time i was putting a freinds cd player in and got some wires crossed, and his windshield wipers controlled his headlights, and then the windshiled wipers starting making the auto seatbelts go up and down. haha, it was good times.
bodydropped85   +1y
try taking the switch out and testing it. there could be a relay on the switch to turn off the relay for the fogs...
knightscape   +1y
Got it. The previous owner had jumpered the dang relay with a paperclip so it was on all the time. It was hidden to sight, removed paperclip, replaced relay, problem solved. Now I've just got to rewire it so I can have fogs and no headlights instead of just being able to turn off the fogs with the headlights on...
slammed89mazda   +1y

hahaha, that reminds me of that Pimp My Ride episode where the horn would control the wipers, lmao
Page 1 of 1