Page 1 of 2
Mazda Audio \  putting my deck in my dash under the vents

putting my deck in my dash under the vents

Mazda Audio Mazda Tech
views 2440
replies 14
following 12

dawgpimp   +1y
i'm going to try and put my deck in my dash. i know i need to cut alot to get it to fit. does anyone have any first hand experience? if so, did you pull your dash out?

thanks!
thetornado   +1y
so are you saying that want to put a audio deck in the top tray?
cid (dale)   +1y
Yeah, that's my plan aswell. I'm pretty sure your going to have to take some bracets out to give a little more room. Not sure tho, didn't pay close enough attention to that part.

Dale
midnightmike   +1y
ya u need to cut the steel bracket in behind, it and u might have to cut the vents too, or u could heat it up and bend them back, u can get it with an air saw
thetornado   +1y
i know there is a metal bracket in the middle. about the vents, you either need to do away with them, or cut them and move them back more. you been to be careful with having those piping for the vents back, because it will create alot of heat by your deck in the winter.
crux131   +1y

There is a metal bracket behind the pocket, it will have to be trimmed some to clear. You will probably have to trim the area around the pocket, as it is either a very tight fit, or impossible....been a long time since I did one.

Depending on the depth of the head unit, you will probably have to modify the ducts going to the vents like mentioned earlier.
lowlyfe83   +1y
the previous owner of my truck had placed the deck in the top part as well...
the deck os about 2"s too deep so it sticks out, even if the metal brace is cut out its still not enough room to fit in there without cutting the ducts.
im keeping it like it is until i start on the interior.
blare   +1y
ya i dont think there enough room unless u pull those air ducts out.
2fine89   +1y
The metal bracket doesn't nned to be cut, but some of the plastic trim in front will. as for the air duct behind, get a heat gun or hair dryer and gently warm the plastic and then using a short piece of 2x4 or 2x6, push the plastic duct back, making a void for the deck. When I get ahold of a cmaera I'll take some pics of it.
2fine89   +1y
you know I shouldn't say the bracket doesn't need to be cut ... it's been 13 -14 years since I did it ... BUT being in there again yesterday I didn't see any metal that I had cut. I will check again today.