Page 1 of 1
Mazda Exterior \  rear pan for 77-84 mazda B Series

rear pan for 77-84 mazda B Series

Mazda Exterior Mazda Tech
views 781
replies 2
following 3

watchmaker   +1y
I have been trying for last 2 years to find someone that sells something that would work for my 84 B2000....finally thought I had found what I was looking for at a web sight. So I ordered said item. It states that you have a few options for what you order, as they take a week to make them on per customers needs. You can get them to be totally welded into place or bolted and left,right or center licence plate set up or no plate at all. I went with the center plate set up and also bolt on,as I dont care to weld something in place like this in case I need a rear bumper at some point to be able to tow things. (it is a truck after all!).
So I recvd the item VIA UPS late last week and spent today(sunday ) trying to get it to fit. Well, it was not to be, as I am not sure what they used to pattern this from, but in no way shape or form was it even close to fitting on the truck....even if I did a major re-work of it, it still would not come close to fitting/working. The one thing I found is if it was mounted the way they claim it needs to be, then you are not able to open tail gate of truck!. This is very problematic in that I would like to USE my truck as such!...and 2 of the mounting points(lower) dont go to anything?? not sure what they thought they would be able to mount them to?....
So I am now back to square one with trying to find a rear pan for my truck.....dealing with the company tomorrow to get item sent back to them for refund...then moving onto another option I have been thinking to do, in that having a metal shop try and fabricate one for me, as it has to be better than the one I just delt with!...will keep you all posted on what transpires and depending on level of intrest maybe post up the company that sold me said item to keep this from happening to anyone else....
andrewoot   +1y
have you looked at the rangers for the similar year? my 1st gen came with a back bumper and some license plate lights, i thought the lights were just burnt out and needed to be replaced and when my buddy looked under the bed he noticed that my bumped was added on and not factory because i had license plate lights that worked hooked up to where the plate usually goes under the tailgate, seems to think it was either from a late 80's ford or a 98+ model.

looks like the one this guy is selling..

idk if it will help you out or not but maybe you can find more options by looking at ford stuff? running into the same issues with random parts also haha
modplant   +1y
It you don't want to say that's cool, what brand of pan was it? Sometimes they get warped in shipping.

Sent from my SGH-T839 using Tapatalk 2
Page 1 of 1